 Castle / 19700 (+100)
  Re: Back Building

(...) Welcome back, Kevin Yaron "Webrain" Dori (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Back Building

Hey Kevin, Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing new creations from you. BTW, I don't know if you've been lurking, but it doesn't look like you've posted in the past year. Be sure to check out www.classic-castle.com, which has grown up during your (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Back Building

Hi Kevin, Welcome back. I also look forward to your new moc's. Living in an 800 year old town sounds like great inspiration :) Its always nice to have castle fans return. Ben E. (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Name for set 1960 and value pack info

Please update the name, and possibly the category, for set 1960: 1960 Dragon Masters Adventure Pack: 6020 + 6043 (US:~1993?) Source: (URL) to castle, since there has been some discussion of this set there. (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.castle)

  Henry's House

The (URL) alphabet project> continues. H is for Henry's House (URL) Henry is www.classic-castle.com's unofficial mascot. He is currently traveling around the world to visit different cc members and I thought he needed a permanent residence for when (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: James' Castle Project

"Mark Williams" <Markwms@covad.net> wrote in message news:HwLGtL.21Bv@lugnet.com... (...) landscape (...) look (...) grass a (...) Thanks Mark. you are right, the grass needs to be defined more againt the rocks rather than being flush. I may well (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Theed Palace Hallway

Check this latest MOC from our (URL) homepage.> An MOC that's a cross over between Castle and Star Wars. I've been planning to do a Theed Palace but couldn't decide on how large it was going to be and if I could get the correct look and scale of it. (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: X-Pod Dragons

(...) SNIP (...) These are really cool (i meant to post this right away, but forgot, then it just popped into my head). I really like the green one, it reminds me of the cartoon dragon in the Pete's Dragon Disney movie. great job on both! Jeff (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The new movie "TROY" and MOCs

Hi there, Do tell more about what city you worked on! I just constructed 3 small Mycenaean houses based on Peter Connolly's illustration of Agamemnon's citadel in _The Greek World of Odysseus_. I had not realized how rich this book was, having read (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Wizard's fire spell

Done that almost two years ago with this. (URL) Regards, ACPin & Sons (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Mycenae

This is a group of Mycenaean buildings such as might appear in Agamemnon's citadel. The battlement was actually intended for Troy (and adapted from CCC). All prototypes for further refinement. The buildings would all be flat on top. The battlements (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Theed Palace Hallway

Take out all the tan, replace with dark grey, add some dino tails, imprison all the figs, and you'd have yourself one fine Jade Empire prison moc. Keep up the good work! --Ryan W. (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Wizard's fire spell

(...) Not at all, but it sounds pretty interesting. (...) Heh, one would think this would have been the first thing that this technique was used on. (...) I found that two were way too large, one was just the right size but flared open so it (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The new movie "TROY" and MOCs

(...) Well, Brad Pitt was so dedicated to his role as Achilles that he even went and tore his left achilles tendon! But seriously, I expect it to rank right up there with Gladiator. Fun popcorn movie, overhyped, probably get some Oscars...but still (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming)

  A Tree (New pictures)

Fellow AFOLs, long ago, I decided to build a Lego tree. In contrast to the usual christmas trees available from Lego this tree should be of proper size and proportions to fit into a given scenario. A first attempt led to the basic building (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

Christian, A very nice tree. It's great to see people creating Lego constructions, especially in minifig scale, based on what they're like in real life, as opposed to what "Lego" versions of those things are traditionally like (official sets, etc.). (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's fire spell

(...) Yes, that was me. It was actually this very same troll and wizard: (URL) This pic is from the medieval layout we (IndyLUG) had at the Parent/Child Expo in Indianapolis in February. The bad guys were having a little trouble crossing the river (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

Christian, My compliments on your tree, I love it. That would be a perfect addition to the forestman's theme. that thing is really amazing. Keep up the awesome work! Jon (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Horatio Spike: Dragon

Lenny, This looks really great! I love the face. you packed a lot of expression in there! Hey man, I missed you at brickfest, I hung out for a bit on Sunday afternoon hoping to meet you, but alas it was not meant to be! Maybe I can attend for the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

Now that's a tree. (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Very nice! Great to see a proper large tree in Lego. While I wait eagerly for the construction details, would you give some idea of the numbers of green leaf parts and the parts you used for trunk/branches? It looks like black 1x3 plates are (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

Wow ... nice. I wonder if we can get Lego to make bulk packs with it. -- Pawel (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Tolkien MOC links

Hi all, I've just gone through and done a massive update on my horribly-out-of-date list of on-line Tolkien MOCs. I'm sure there are cool things out there that I have overlooked, and also with some things I do not have the builder's name. If you (...) (20 years ago, 29-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

Now that's simply stunning. Your perseverance has paid off; it's what those little trees can only dream of becoming. Of course now we want to see a forest, but that's inevitable when the bar gets raised like this. Thanks for sharing and keep (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

In lugnet.announce.moc, Christian Treczoks made a tree and (...) I can stare amazed at this tree and feel relaxed like the guy leaning on it. This is incredible. -Erik (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Now that is gorgeous. I love the little bird's nest too - nice touch. I can just imagine how a minifig would feel, coming over a hill, seeing this beast, gazing upward in wonder...(cue euphoric happy feeling)...aah. The only thing that could (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Basically, I am very, very bad at designing natural structures. So I build this tree from a set of very simple rules, and, luckily, I succeeded. It is just a kind of "evolutionary building" style, i.e. like a real tree, I placed branches and (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Thank You very much! (...) Actually, the Forestmans Hideout was one of my very early inspirations. (...) I will, if Legoland Günzgurg (Germany) actually sports those plant leaves 5x6 in the PAB (as I've heard), I'll get a few pounds and start (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Thank you! (...) Quite a few people already asked me about those details, and I even did "courses" on branchbuilding for several people who wanted proper trees for train/city/castle scenarios. WARNING: The pictures are quite big to show more (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Thank you. (...) About as likely as a grey tub... Yours, Christian (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Well, that was the intention of this MOC. A typical Lego tree simply did not cut it. There is a fun photo where I replaced the module with the big tree with a replacement module with a Lego tree in the scenario where the big tree finally (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Thank you very much! Yours, Christian (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Thank you! The tree as shown on the photos is a little bit "misplaced" - I just put the tree module in a quickly-hacked-up plate to exhibit it as a standalone MOC. Terminally, it belongs into the yard of a guarded inn, next to a few fishing (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

Hey wow that's really pretty. Very nice job. If I were look upon a Lego Landscape, I'd like to see trees like these. e (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) Thank you for your feedback. Stay tuned - there is a whole forest waitung somewhere in the future (2005+)... Yours, Christian (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) As it was supposed to be. Yours, Christian (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) (snip) (...) Amazing! How many 5x7 leaf pieces are used?? Those can be HTF... --Dave (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Medieval Russian fortification

I've wanted for a while to do some Castle building outside of the traditional Western European style. So I did some research into medieval Russian architecture, and decided to start working on a town surrounded by wooden fortifications. Here is the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  A seaside fortress, and a booby trap.

Hello everyone. I have 2 new mocs to show all of you. First of all, a seaside fortress, complete with some nice cliffs, a small dock, and a gallows! Deep links: (URL) pic 1> (URL) pic 2> Brickshelf Gallery (when public): (URL) Brickshelf Gallery> (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) I've experimented, particularly with branching. A real tree probably branches at a smaller angle than 90 degrees, so I built a structure from your pictures and altered it slightly. Whewre a sub-branch starts, replace the two 1x3 plates on the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A seaside fortress, and a booby trap.

For some reason the link labels wouldnt work.. I did it the right way I think. Does anyone know why? (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: A seaside fortress, and a booby trap.

(...) You need to set the format on FTX, as I have done in this reply. The trap and fortress look good. Remember to e-mail me your entry (unless you already have, and I've simply forgotten) ~Kevin Blocksidge (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: A seaside fortress, and a booby trap.

Ok, thanks... I'll remember that next time I post. I emailed you the entry just a few minutes ago actually... As my unaltered pictures are to big for the contest, I had to do the picture resizing in MS paint, then change to jpg. thats why the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Tolkien MOC links

(...) Thanks for collecting all those links! Great resource. Would you consider softening/whitening the background image a bit? Some of the text is hard to read, at least for me. (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A seaside fortress, and a booby trap.

Ok, just letting everyone know that the Brickshelf galleries have been updated, and that the MOCpages sites are also updated. Please, go check em out! Also, if you want to read about these MOCs on classic castle dot com, heres the link. (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: James' Castle Project

(...) That winch is very nice. Have you thought about doing some hoarding? Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: James' Castle Project

(...) Thanks Mark Hoarding is a distinct possibility, and I like putting it on, but you have to find somewhere its going to look right. Ideally on a wall linking to a tower or it looks kinda odd sitting on its own. -- James Stacey ------ (...) (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Minifig Hall of Fame Winner : Yellow Castle Knight Blue

Hi all! This is to announce that the winner of the April-May 2004 election for the Minifig Hall of Fame is Yellow Castle Knight Blue. He finished in front of Ghost who will be in the next election's second round. Visit www.minifigville.com/mhof to (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.announce)

  Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

Some said a picture worth 1000 words... so I ask and how much a movie worth :) (URL) Enjoy! P.S. I forgat to mantioned that this is for the Booby Trap contest for CC:) Yaron "Webrain" Dori (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX) !!

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) odd (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Medieval Russian fortification

(...) Hi Marc, I think your construction technique is wonderful for this moc. I like the tiles and round 1x1's for the log construction. I am also interested in wooden historic fortifications. Great job! Ben E. (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Medieval Russian fortification

(...) Thanks! Hopefully, I will have at least half of a Russian town to bring to (URL) Brickfest>. I have made some efforts towards building a wooden palisade, like one that might be found in a motte-and-bailey castle. Unfortunately, the cost of the (...) (20 years ago, 2-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) This depends on the kind of tree, but basically you are right. (...) I'll give it a try. Thanks for this feedback! This is how information exchange on the net should work... (...) I usually place the greens where there is sufficient space, so (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Tree (New pictures)

(...) See (URL) for numbers and instructions. Well, and 5x7 leaves are really hard to find, therefor I used the 6x5 ones ;D (URL) Yours, Christian (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) Fun! I like the double whammy of both the ax and then the removal floor. All you need now is someone to come around and clean the blood (do lego's bleed?) from the floor for the trap to be reset. Sliding trapdoor instead of a breakaway one is (...) (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) Great stuff Yaron! Great use of a 100$ part (the RCX) in a castle MOC!!!! :-) Terry (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) I keep going back and watching this. There's something about how fast the ax chops and then the clean sweep of the floor that makes me laugh out loud. Well done. Felix (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Medieval Russian fortification

Hi Marc, Great wall. I like the tiles/rounds construction a lot. If tan cones are expensive, tan 1x1 rounds would be cheaper, if a little less accurate. Bruce (20 years ago, 3-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Inn

(URL) or (URL) - inn13.jpg James (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.castle) !

  Combat Scars

I have just uploaded the next installment of my illustrated online tale Ikros:Chaos Skies. Along with photoedited rain, you'll also notice a large quantity of Little Armory weapons in the pictures. Many thanks go to Jeff Byrd for creating such (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Inn

(...) Looks very nice. The colors work well together. I see you have continued your love affair with white lattice panes and 5 wide windows. Both look very sharp. Nice interior detailing, I like the Suit of Armor at the top of the stairs. Jason (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Instructions for tall CCC Wall

Peter Guenther and some other MichLUG members got to talking and decided that we needed some castle walls for our medieval villages. However, the standard calls for walls that are only 8 bricks tall and this was just too short. Peter whipped up some (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.inst, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX) !!

  Re: Tolkien MOC links

(...) Hey Lar, I've heard that from others as well. I think the contrast is a little different on Mac monitors versus PC monitors, because some say that scenes are "too dark" when they look fine on my computer. I'll go back and come up with a (...) (20 years ago, 4-May-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tolkien MOC links

(...) Very possible. Also I am on a laptop most of the time. (...) It's better, somewhat. However I am coming around to thinking that no background at all may be best (both my voyager and my mtw site need fixing!!!). ++Lar (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.castle)

  The Classic-Castle Roleplay gets a new home!

Greetings, Castleheads and Gamers, The (URL) C-C Roleplay> has moved to a new location! (URL) Be sure to change your bookmarks! Nathan Wells Classic-Castle.com Gaming Admin (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) Thanks, I glad you liked it so much. It's very easy to reset since the motors do it automatics:) (URL) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) Hehe, I like so much the concept of mindstorms but really a castle fan, so it works great together. Thanks (URL) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Igor Last Quest (or my entry for the Booby Trap Contest)

(...) It even more fun to activate here for real. Havent enjoyed playing (playing as in playing - not building) so much for a long time:) I glad you liked it, thanks (URL) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

Jake contacted me and has asked me to post my opinion as to what specific parts I'd like to see offered in Bulk that would make the Castle people happy, much like the old grey train track makes the train people happy. He suggested maybe Castle Wall (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

Hi Jake, I just want to add my comments on offerings for castle fans Since the color decisions seem to be final, I think that the best option is to ease this transition into the new colors. Castle builders will need basic bricks, wall pieces, (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) I'd like to say I agree with Anthony has to say. Castle Walls I dont use as much as I use basic bricks (2xn and 1xn) and plates. Minifig accessories don't bother me as much because I don't army build. Furthermore, many of my accessories now (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

I have the answer: Castle Wall Pieces that are mixes of old grays and news. No, not four types of pieces. ONE wall piece that contains all four colors in it. Think about it, if you make the wall pieces look like bricks made of all four colors, you (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

"Ironic that the brick packages in Old Grey made available for fans was the first time those packages were available in several years. Also, making a minfig pack based on fan suggestions is only now being proposed. It's as if only now, when TLG does (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) < Begin Humorous Sarcasm > Well, besides the - MOT sets - Santa Fe sets - Metroliner - Club Car - Guarded Inn - Black Falcon's Fortress - USS Constellation - Countless other various Legends sets - Legends voting - Blacksmith Shop MOC - Santa (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

More feedback from me, since there doesn't seem to be enough general feedback on this topic. :P I really like the idea of releasing a bunch of castle Legends in new gray. This would be a great way for us to start building our new gray collection. I (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

I'd say I have to agree that the parts packs of basic bricks, plates and tiles would be a good permanent setting. However, I would like to see those same packs in the new colors ALSO. I have room for both of the dark and light grey tones, as well as (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Instructions for tall CCC Wall

Good stuff. I've always thought the standard wall was too low. :) "Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hx7H63.E0r@lugnet.com... (...) that we (...) calls (...) whipped (...) (URL) work with> the regular CCC walls but are a (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote: snip (...) Sorry Jake but I have to point out that all of the items listed above are/have been only available to those who are able to use S@H or have a Lego brand name store close to them ie; NOT the majority of (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Well I think it's pretty obvious that I would buy a ton of this pack if it was ever made. And I could think of at least a ½ dozen other builders in my club that would as well. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Certainly, minus as Jason says, the times when they do come to retail. (...) Sure, but saying they don't exist, and saying they exist in a channel you don't feel like using is much different. (...) Well, besides the entire What Will You Make? (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Yuk. I am an avid builder of things that would fit into the castle area, but I don't want to caught dead with such a thing as a "castle wall element". Or wooden palisades. Or BURPs (The "U" in BURP is not a joke...). Walls are supposed to be (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) It's more expensive than anywhere else. We have to pay tax AND shipping on top of full retail prices. Don (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) I agree. Castle wall pieces are not nearly as universally useful as plain old bricks and plates. You can make a Castle wall piece with bricks, plates, and an arch - but it's tough to make a car or a mecha out of Castle wall pieces. Marc Nelson (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Umm.. You list several things twice - or in two categories (ie. "Countless Legends Sets" and "Guarded Inn", "Black Falcon's Fortress"). Several of those are just sets (UCS ISD and RBR) - and I can hardly count those as fitting of the bill of (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Why should I? Too difficiult, too expensive (plus shipping!), and it is an Online Shop, for heavens sake. There is nothing better for shopping decisions than to go into a real shop and lay your hands on the product. Besides, nobody files, (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) So it's really nothing to do with S@H, but has to do with the concept of online shopping in the first place? Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Agreed that there's nothing like putting your hands on it. But since 99.9% of retailers wouldn't carry the ISD, for instance, would you prefer that we simply don't do it, and concentrate only on things that a retailer *may* decide to stock? (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Or TLC's concept of it. I do plenty of shopping online, but usually when I get notified of a 25% off sale so I know I'm getting at least as good a deal as walking into a store. SAH used to have more unique items. But now most of that is (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Just don't make them so damn exclusive. I'm among the lucky people who have a brand store in less than an hours drive away, but even *they* don't carry the sets that I'd like to buy there. Take bulk packs. The PAB in Cologne has a mediocre (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) One word: Yes. Yours, Christian (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) I'm not sure thats entirely accurate. It makes sense to me that certain items or kit are only exposed through an on-line store as retailers are reluctant to carry them. It makes sense to me (from a business point of view) to ensure that you do (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) When BIONICLE accounts for 25% of all LEGO product turnover, investing a little space in special items for that powerful market hardly counts as "squandering" space. It might surprise you to know that the biggest complaint about them is not (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Check-By-Phone. I don't use credit cards, and I don't want to wait for my payment to arrive by snail-mail before my shipment can be sent to me. In addition to the fact that S@H usually costs more because of S&H charges, it'd take over a week (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Cook's home

Hi all, Here's a medieval home I built. It went to Brickfest PDX with Lenny, so it may look familiar if you were there, but I finally put some pictures on the web: (URL) Bruce (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote: snip out humorous sarcasm list (...) Unfortunately, the stores Jason mentions (Target and TRU) do not have branches here in New Zealand, and apart from 2 Pirate ships re-issued several years ago, I have seen (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) I have to disagree. Shop@Home is available in enough countries that I'm sure that the majority of shoppers DO have access to a method of buying them. Buying an exclusive set is always more fun to in a LEGO brand name store, but buying the same (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Yes, it might be ok, but you are missing several points here, without a LEGO brand name store, there is absolutely zero chance of casual/impulse shoppers buying an exclusive (never mind the fact that people like me never get the chance to (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) Same coin, different side. He's not talking about places where S@H is available, but places where it isn't. S@H is available in a whopping 19 countries, which are currently restricted to portions of North America, Oceania, and Western Europe (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) I totally aggree with this. Take for example, the Shop @ Home only minifig scale Lunar Module. If it was available from somewhere in australia, I would have definatly bought it by now. But because it has to come all the way from denmark, takes (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cook's home

(...) Looks nice, I like the texturing on the outside. The arches for the second floor roof are great. The cooking pot sitting on the flames is neat. I'm not sure about the arch behind the front door, was it intentional that a fig would have to (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact