 Castle / 19726
Re: A Tree (New pictures)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:24:34 GMT

Seth McCarus wrote:
A very nice tree.  It's great to see people creating Lego constructions,
especially in minifig scale, based on what they're like in real life, as opposed
to what "Lego" versions of those things are traditionally like (official sets,
etc.).  Not that you're the first to do so, but I think this is an excellent
example of such a creation.

Basically, I am very, very bad at designing natural structures. So I
build this tree from a set of very simple rules, and, luckily, I
succeeded. It is just a kind of "evolutionary building" style, i.e. like
a real tree, I placed branches and leaves wherever space is available
and within reach. I think this kind of building (and the avoidance of
straight lines) makes this tree so natural.

Yours, Christian