 Castle / 19714
19713  |  19715
Subject:
A Tree (New pictures)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:47:11 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Fellow AFOLs,

long ago, I decided to build a Lego tree. In contrast to the usual
christmas trees available from Lego this tree should be of proper size
and proportions to fit into a given scenario.

A first attempt led to the basic building techniques used in this tree,
but it was - due to the usual "out of bricks error" - to small and
meager. So I tore it down, and built another one, with way more greens
and branches.

It can be seen here (Post-Mod):
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=81179>

The tree from four sides:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/treczoks/Tree/imgp0062_half.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/treczoks/Tree/imgp0064_half.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/treczoks/Tree/imgp0065_half.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/treczoks/Tree/imgp0068_half.jpg>

The minfigs under the tree should give you a good estimate of the size.
The tree ist about 62cm high (~2ft), which is (to scale) about 28m (~90ft).
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/treczoks/Tree/imgp0050_half.jpg>

The tree is just a detail for a larger scenario. In order to exhibit the
tree as a standalone MOC, I built this simple baseplate for it.
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/treczoks/Tree/imgp0039_half.jpg>

There is even a birds nest in the treetop.
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/treczoks/Tree/imgp0070_half.jpg>

As several people asked me about construction details, I'll add a
subfolder with a "making of" of the branches when time permits.

Yours, Christian