 Castle / 18096
    forum opinion —Bruce Hietbrink
   Hey all, I've been wondering about the forum here versus that at classic-castle.com. Do you think it's better to post at one place, the other, or both. For the last couple of days I've been trying to post there, because I think if that forum is (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: forum opinion —Jason Spears
     (...) Actually, the .starwars forum used to have quite a bit of traffic, but FBTB forum kinda killed it. I still read .starwars and never read the FBTB forum. I think that those kinds of forums are bad for the community personally. They spilt it up. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: forum opinion —Richard Marchetti
     I totally agree with Jason on this. In the end, I -- and probably many, many people besides myself -- just don't have the time to visit all the many forums that are popping up. I pretty much gave up RTL for Lugnet. I try to occasionally read the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: forum opinion —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) I couldn't disagree more. As the community grows (and, from what I know, it is growing constantly) - having a central place to communicate will devolve into cacophony. Lugnet is such a great central place because it automatically divides (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: forum opinion —Matt Hein
     (...) Seriously, has anyone thought about gatewaying lugnet.castle to the cc forum at all? It's probably an unrealistic prospect, with message coding issues (!) and such, but I am aware something similar was done with the (crynwrr) robotics mailing (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

         Re: forum opinion Todd Lehman
     (...) If the cc forum has an e-mail gateway, then they could be linked pretty easily. --Todd (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

        Re: forum opinion —Anthony Sava
     (...) except (...) I'm going to do this piecemeal, though I'll still try to view the post on a whole. I don't think double posting is necessary, simply because if you, the individual, has said something in reply to a post, then you've said what (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: forum opinion —Thomas Garrison
     (...) But what does the 'multi-day process to become a Lugnet member' have to do with posting on LUGNET, since last I checked LUGNET posting just required the one minute to fill out (URL) Well, for good or bad, Lugnet is fragmenting anyway. The (...) (21 years ago, 20-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: forum opinion —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) One minute to fill out.. three days before it goes active. And becoming an actual member.. can take weeks. What finally convinced me to support the idea of a new forum at c-c is the volatility of Lugnet itself (this past weekend it went down (...) (21 years ago, 21-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: forum opinion —Alan Findlay
     (...) Hi Bruce, Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. It's a topic that's been on my mind ever since the Classic-Castle announcement was made. I like the C-C site, and believe that it fills a lot of needs and wants of castle-heads, like me. I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: forum opinion —Thomas Garrison
     (...) I would post to lugnet.castle, since that's what I read. I don't have enough time to waste it trying to deal with an http-based discussion venue. (21 years ago, 20-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: forum opinion —Stephen Wroble
     I see nothing wrong with having a new forum at Classic Castle, and I see nothing wrong with cross posting. Right now, the new forum has some interesting topics going. It's true that they could have all been posted here, but they weren't. This forum (...) (21 years ago, 21-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: forum opinion —Kai Gerkens
      (...) Hmmm... I don't think that it will be "better", 'cause of the discussed reasons before. Yes - there will be more castle-"readers/writers" in fact of the new forum, but if you realy wanna read all the stuff - you have to go to more than one (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: forum opinion —Troy Cefaratti
     (...) Bruce, I am hoping that the CC Forums become an active, complementary service to .castle. I think it will in time attract a different audience than lugnet does. I would suggest posting MOC announcements to both for now, and see what sort of (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: forum opinion —Tobbe Arnesson
   Hello. My daily LEGO rutine is basically this; * Visit LUGNET via webbrowser * Klick on all new items on the front page to open in a new tab (using Mozilla) * Do the same to (URL) Read those items, no matter what theme they're in Then I do things a (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.castle)