 Castle / 18117
Re: forum opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:25:31 GMT

Hello.

My daily LEGO rutine is basically this;

* Visit LUGNET via webbrowser
* Klick on all new items on the front page to open in a new tab (using Mozilla)
* Do the same to http://news.lugnet.com/folder.cgi?f=Spotlight/lugnet
* Read those items, no matter what theme they're in

Then I do things a little different depending on how much time I have availible,
if it's plenty;

* Scroll down the news (using my filter settings) and open everything that seems
interesting in a new tab, such as this thread today)
* Goto my loc-area and see if something has happened
* Goto my favourite theme (.technic) and make sure I've read everything.

If I don't have as much time I just do the two last things above and if time
really is a concerns that's all I do plus the front page.

Done!

If I somehow have more time to kill I klick away at Brickshelf in much the same
manner.

So, this give me all news items people have spotlighted or highlighted in all
themes plus what appears to be interesting for me. If people we're to post
interesting stuff at say, FBTB, I'd miss that news item. If the news we're
really interesting it would sooner or later find it's way to Lugnet so I'm
covered. Same goes with BZPower and the same will happen with CC.

So if Jojo had posted about his carts in CC and nothing here, I had missed those
creations until and if someone had made a note about it here and it got
highlighted.

To think CC-forum won't fragment the community is wishful thinking, it will. Not
all people will post to both forums, and if they did, there would be no point in
having two forums after all. Over time one or both of these will happen;
1) they will separate and two different crowds will 'hang' at each place. Some
will visit both and lurk at one. Some will be active in both and most will only
use one.
2) One of the forums will become silent, like .technic.bionicle.

An anlogy is my other hobby, Mountainbike. The main forum had some bad case of
censourship so a new forum was created. I only visit this new forum 'cause it
has a better style for reading. I have not visited the old forum -where I was a
regular- since, and it's not beacuse of bad feelings. It is because the new
forum has way better functionality - for me.

Just my thoughts, back to .technic with me :)

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe