 Castle / 18106
Re: forum opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:57:24 GMT

But what does the 'multi-day process to become a Lugnet member' have to do
with posting on LUGNET, since last I checked LUGNET posting just required
the one minute to fill out
http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/
?

One minute to fill out.. three days before it goes active.  And becoming an
actual member.. can take weeks.

What finally convinced me to support the idea of a new forum at c-c is the
volatility of Lugnet itself (this past weekend it went down for 12 hours, the
2nd time in as many months).  Yes, lugnet is a great site, but it has only two
admins, and one of them has retired.  The other one pops in and out, and neither
is willing to delegate responcibilities.

Nothing against Todd or Suz, I have mad respect for them both and love what the
created in Lugnet, but in all reality, I don't automatically suspect that Lugnet
will last forever.  If we have all parts of the community on one website, then
when that website falls apart, the entire community goes with it.  If we
diversify, we strengthen ourselves.

===

As I see it, the c-c forum will meet one aspect of the LEGO Castle community,
and lugnet.castle will meet another.  I believe the two can co-exist without
splintering the community, and can even serve to strengthen each-other.  There
are roles for which lugnet.castle is unable to fill, or fills inadequately
(every now and then someone comes out and complains about being unable to do
this, or must deal with that) - just the same as c-c does somethings
inadequately.

Personally, I'd like to see how the two evolve together.

-Lenny