 Castle / 18102
Re: forum opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:18:18 GMT

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Anthony Sava wrote:

The Classic-Castle.com forums were designed to attract the younger
audience that prefers that forum style (it seems all the younger LEGO
users I've talked to prefer the ezboard-esque style FAR above the Lugnet
style) as well as those people who just don't feel like going through
the multi-day process to become a Lugnet member.

But what does the 'multi-day process to become a Lugnet member' have to do
with posting on LUGNET, since last I checked LUGNET posting just required
the one minute to fill out
http://news.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/
?

Well, for good or bad, Lugnet is fragmenting anyway.  The german-only
crowd has already given up this english forum for 1000steine,

Didn't I just Jojo posting here just the other day? :-)

and the spacers have already practically walled off Lugnet.Space from
the rest of the world ;), as well as creating several new websites for
the space community.

? Creating new Websites doesn't fragment a community, unless
they don't link to each other, or to a central hub.  (Conversely,
cross-linked Websites can *strengthen* a community.)

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/