 Castle / 17235
Re: The Inn at the OLde Road
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:24:28 GMT

Aaron Muhl wrote:
That is truly a brilliant model.  Ausgezeichnet!  Thanks for sharing this
with us.
Thank you for your statement!

I love the dark patches in the stonework.  Are they meant to look
like cracks?
More like off-colour stones, like the ones printed on some of those
'ready-made' castle walls.

Does the model open?  If not, are there any plans?
Yes and no :-) - It does open, each level of each building and the roofs
themselves are seperate modules. Sadly, half of the interior is simply
not there, i.e. only outside walls and technic bricks for stabilisation
on the inside, and the other half only has the immobile part of interior
installation, i.e. walls, doors and chimneys (which actually run through
the building and are open!), done.

lugnet.space may get more posts, but most of them are either chatter or tiny
little models.
Well, although the base plates and a lot of the bricks were originally
purchased and collected to build a moonbase module, I'd think a posting
in lugnet.space would get me some beating for being offtopic :-) Sadly
(or luckily) I couldn't get my hands on a decent amount of the windows
I'd have needed for the moonbase module, so I decided to make this one.

This is a great example of a beautiful castle model.  I love
it!
Thank you again!

Yours, Christian