 Castle / 17234
Re: The Inn at the Olde Road & Rants about Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:12:38 GMT

Twan wrote:
Christian Treczoks wrote:
I may take photos of the design stage
when I start the rear half of the setting, though...
This implicates that what you've been treating us to,
was just the first half of your creation. Oh man...
I'm looking forward to seeing the whole.
I took the (long) weekend to actually start the second part.
My main problem at the moment ist to provide adaequate table space for
the model, as the first part is about 80x80cm (96x96 studs), and the
second part is about 50x120cm (64x144 studs).

[...] I raided every german BrickLink shop (and
quite a lot of other people) on red 3046s - and
I'm still searching, as I need more for the servants
quarters and the blacksmith shop in the rear half of
the scenario.
^^^ LEGO DO YOU READ THIS? ^^^
These inward corner roof pieces are also very high
on my most wanted list. I'd very much like to see
Lego bringing out a e.g. a roof pack containing those.
Problem is, they may read, but in my experience, they just dont listen.
They listen neither to their customers, nor even to their own employees,
which is a sad state of affairs[1]. Rumors are that the started to open
up, but lacking answers even to simple questions, and no progress to be
seen, and in the light of years of experience with the active passivity
of TLC, I keep my doubt until proven otherwise.

A few years ago LEGO offered a re-issue of the old roof, bricks and
plates boxes to 'club members only', I was told. Well, nice. LEGO has
become quite good at avoiding customers at all costs in the last years.
One should remind them of an old-fashioned invention called 'shop'. Not
'Shop@Home' or 'LEGO Brand Store', just the ordinary shop around the
corner where I bough LEGO when I was a kid. This is where the customers
are. Sadly, that shop sells Biocrap and Jack Off Stone instead of LEGO...

Whoa, I just had to steam off a little pressure on this topic...

Christian

[1] I talked to an employee in LegoLand Germany who keeps an eye on one
of the creativity corners, where kids can build their own models. I was
told that the top items to be 'nicked away' were windows, wheels and
slopes - items not available in the 'Big Shop' [2]. A lot of people even
asked this person, if it would be possible to buy this kind of parts
there. That employee requested - time and again - that they should make
such items available in the shops, to reduce the loss in their
department - to no avail.

[2] Where you can buy swords and crowns made of foam and wizard hats,
and, accidently, some LEGO (a collection so small and badly sorted that
it can't even compare to the LEGO shelf in our semi-local, i.e. bigger,
supermarket). OK, there were a few S@H-specials, and they even offered
glued-together(!) models. But no e.g. Bulk Brick bags like the ones
avaiable at S@H.