 Castle / 17133
Re: The Inn at the Olde Road
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:57:33 GMT

Erick wrote:
Holy plastic bricks batman!  Well, that is very impressive.  It looks so
realistic!
Thank you very much!
And by the way, it's far from being finished...

Intresting the way you did the diagonals on the tudor stuff.  That
must have taken a long time.
Actually, I only did a small sample wall, and then I started mass
production. If I add up all the time needed for actually building the
MOC, it was just a few days (I build fast, and with both hands
simultaneously). It took ages (and a msall fortune) to get all the
bricks needed, though.

And now I know who has all the red slopes in the
world, you've taken the whole world's supply.
Actually, I milked the last red 3046 from the german BrickLink community
to build the roofs...

Seriously though, that is an
amazing building.  I see some seems in there, does it have a full interior?
Yes and no - the stable and barn has rooms and interior walls, but no
furniture. Same with the ground floor of the inn. The upper level are
still 'dummys', but this will change in the near future (after the
Berlin exhibition).

can just imagine the detail inside judging from the outside.  Awesome work!  and
lastly, that tree is really cool too!
Yea, the tree was a tough one. I collected many ideas off the net, and
finally tossed these ideas all into the bin, and made my own design. I
have a few photos to add to the tree gallery, and will complete the
description in english, too, as there has been a lot of curiosity about
the tree. And, honestly, a LEGO tree in that place would nor cut it,
would it?

p.s. does 1000steine always have that fast a server? I'm on dial up and it loads
faster than the google main page.
Hmm, I had the opposite problem - for me, the gallery was so amazingly
slow that I nearly quit adding descriptions to the gallery...

Yours, Christian