 Castle / 17210
Re: The Inn at the OLde Road
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:56:37 GMT

Hi Christian,

Christian Treczoks wrote:
Twan wrote:
How did you design this creation? Did you make
any sketches or plans on paper beforehand, or
started building immediately?
Originally, there were some sketches and floor plans
[...] I did a few design tests [...] and the layout [...]
was done with round 1x1 in different colours on a
set of grey building plates.

I like to do something similar, using bricks in a off
color (often red or yellow) to mark specific spots
in a design, removing them while building continues.

Sorry, no photos, as I got the camera when
this design stage was well over.

No need to excuse yourself, the explanation seems
clear enough to me.

I may take photos of the design stage
when I start the rear half of the setting, though...

This implicates that what you've been treating us to,
was just the first half of your creation. Oh man...
I'm looking forward to seeing the whole.

[roofs]
[...] I raided every german BrickLink shop (and
quite a lot of other people) on red 3046s - and
I'm still searching, as I need more for the servants
quarters and the blacksmith shop in the rear half of
the scenario.

^^^ LEGO DO YOU READ THIS? ^^^

These inward corner roof pieces are also very high
on my most wanted list. I'd very much like to see
Lego bringing out a e.g. a roof pack containing those.

Regards, Twan.