 Castle / 16916
Re: Trebuchets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 13:16:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
  I used fishnet style braiding.  You might find this link useful on how to
do net braiding:

      http://www.tve.org/ho/doc.cfm?aid=208&lang=English

Talk about how LEGO broadens ones horizon...

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)

   Well, I couldn't bring myself to cut a LEGO net down to size (nor tie
knots in LEGO string) so I did the next best thing which seemed to be to
make my own net.  I've always enjoyed knots and splicing, and my son is
getting into it too via Boy Scouts, so it was also a natural extention from
that angle as well.

   The knots used in fishnets are clove hitches to attach the first row to
the main line and then lots of sheet bends to form the mesh.  (There are
some other knots that can be used instead of sheet bends.)

Brian