 Castle / 14959
  Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

Warning!!! Extremely Long Post ;) I have begun working on a building standard imposed on new construction by local authorities in a late medieval town. Town layout and floor plan limitations still need to be made. Anyone who would like to help or (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

The only thing that I dont' like is the fact that the alleyways are only 2 studs wide. A figure can not walk in a two stud wide area. It would be nice if the alleyways could be used after how much work will be put into this. --Kevin W. § (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

Comments. . . (...) There's a problem here, in that there are (at least) two standards for what constitutes believable design. TLC has traditionally made many concessions to playability and cost---for example, rooms and buildings with only three (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

I don't post here a lot, but I read everything that gets posted in .castle. I've been following the discussion about (and am very interested in) a project that everyone can contribute too. I have already started planning some buildings to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

I have a bad feeling about forming a double standard. I know I have recently been out of loop here - my job has gotten me busy lately - but I don't understand the nitpickityness of the .castlers. I have seen people believing the MM Standard as a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) As I envisioned it - these buildings would be like Daniel Siskund's sets - a larger scale than most Lego castle sets - so many details can be added. (...) I believe that some of this is historically accurate - depending on the town and time (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) I agree with most of this. Please read my reply to Thomas about medieval towns. Medieval age circa 400 to circa 1500? - many different towns and layouts depending on the country and time period. Too much order is definitely a problem but to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) I have posted pictures of my road ideas on brickshelf: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

I agree. I would propose a 4 wide alley...... -Aaron "Kevin W." <ewanner@macnet.com> wrote in message news:H4z8EM.5E2@lugnet.com... (...) only (...) this. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) Hi guys, I agree with everyone on the 4 wide alley - please see posts below and my brickshelf pictures (links in other post) of a street. Thanks, Ben (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) Josh Wedin proposed the idea of having the Medieval Marketplace in the center of the town square. If the makers of MM want to be here, they are welcome. 128 x 128 is a very large area which can accomodate many activities. Town Squares were (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) I'm concerned by the wording of this. My first response was "Well I won't bother reading more, since I'm not that good of a builder." Especially the line "Models should be good enough to become a set made by LEGO". Maybe you want to restrict (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) I did not mean to offend anyone. I just wanted to strive for detailed moc's that people spend some time on. I do not think that my, or hardly anyone's creations are good enough to be actual sets (or Lego would be making them into MOC sets) On (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

Hey Ben, How's it going? I am not offended by your project. However, the standard you have written is a little bit wordy, IMO. It is a bit hard to follow and keep track of what the standard actually is. I realize that what you posted is just a rough (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) Thanks for the good ideas Josh. I started a new thread with a condensed suggestion list. It is extremely open to change and addition/subtraction of suggestions (none of which have to be followed). As far as detail is concerned, I think that as (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)