 Castle / 14800 (+100)
  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

Hi Hugh, wow! Impressive collection of figs! I try to collect Ninja figs exlusively, selling the Castle figs off to try and gain more Ninja sets and figs. I have actually been toying with several ideas for MOCs the last month or so; none have been (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  LotR update - 3 new chapters

Hi all, Three new chapters have been added to my Lord of the Rings project: (URL) home page: (URL) next big thing will be the creation of Helm's Deep, but I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to start on that. Bruce (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle)

  Re: LotR update - 3 new chapters - spoiler alert!

Sorry to follow up to myself, but I forgot to add-- Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! This is a big-time spoiler for those who have not read the book and are waiting for the movie. Of course, the book has been out for several decades, so I'm not sure (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) (30) Bruce Hietbrink Now let's go storm Space! Bruce (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) Fear not! Flames cannot touch those of us on both lists. Flame cannot burn in Space and the masters of the Castle rely upon fire, well mostly daily! I'm on both lists, I think they are the only theme lists I truly qualify for as that is what (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

Hey, I really like the Ninja sets. I haven't done many real MOCs in that them, but I've got a lot of figs I've picked up on e-bay and these two sets: (URL) are both great small fortresses. I haven't gotten any of the larger fortresses just because (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) <in a Braveheart accent> Ai, but they are jus’ wee-little-men… A good dozen of those rocket-riders could fit easily in to my mighty gauntlet! I gander that we need no more than 8…mayhaps 9 men at most to secure sweet victory… the rest of our (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

-Castle ROLL-CALL: ¯¯¯...¯¯¯ (1) Jeremy Scott - .castle since I came lugnet... .castle until I DIE! (2) Joey Finnell (3) Yaron Dori - proud to be a part of castle (4) Dan Thompson (5) John "Hendo" Henderson - not .castle only, but always around. (6) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  The future is now.

Well, ok, I'll admit it. I lied. I lied to all you lovely people here in .castle. Not only have I been working on a new story, a sequel to the Chronicles of Ikros, but I had been working on it for months before I finished the Chronicles. I hope you (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general) !

  Re: The future is now.

Um...thanks for um,lying! Woooohooooo! More Ikros! I remember seeing your first posts about your story many months ago, & figured, "Big deal!" (I wasn't a big castle fan-notice past tense :) ) Anyways, after you posted that the last (40+) chapters (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  First attempt at a Marketplace building

Here we go, the experimental marketplace building. This 'shop' I call "Tha 4-tune Tella's Shizzop" and it is run by Fred Durst. After the cooky facepaint wearing bassplayer left Limp Bizkit, the band went down hill. Fred tried to make money by (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

On the horizon... whats that I see? A mounted Jack Stone wanna-be galloping forth to join his brethren! (31) Felix Greco (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Joan D'arc

'Once upon a time, many years ago, a great war raged that tore France apart. That war was known as "guerre cent ans" or "one hundred years war" (more like 107 but who's counting). During that war, rose a hero. A small girl from a little farm known (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle)

  black falcon's fortress at S&H?

how long has this been available? is this old news? [jayfish] (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The future is now.

I can only hope that someday Duel's Tales gets this good. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! "Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H4GvC4.7qC@lugnet.com... (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: First attempt at a Marketplace building

As a note: Erick submitted this as the first public marketplace shop. Erick, myself and the rest of the brainstorming group have been working hard to get the standards published and we are aiming to be done by this weekend!!! So now to actually (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LotR update - 3 new chapters

Great work as always Bruce and much appreciated! Still think you should do the Similliarion (sp?), maybe next? God Bless, Nathan (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: some new weapons

Hi Joey, Nice stuff. Would love to see figs holding those so I could git an idea of their 'fit in' qualities. The swords are my faviorite of all your stuff. Thanks and God Bless, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: black falcon's fortress at S&H?

(...) Mildly old. Lego Direct decided that they'd allow the 2nd place winner in the Legend competition to be produced as well, hence BOTH the BSB and BFF will be available :) And as it turned out, since the molds and colors for the BFF were already (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The future is now.

Ikros is back!!! Can't wait for the story to be out. Looks good. Any more dragons possibly? Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LotR update - 3 new chapters

(...) Thanks. I don't think I'd do the Silmarillion, but anyone else is welcome to give it a try. After I finish this project, which will take me at least another year, probably several at the rate I'm going these days, I'm sure I'll be looking for (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: some new weapons

Hey Joey, I'm sorry i haven't replied to this sooner, I'm in a psuedo-lurk phase in my life. These are really super cool. Like nathan, I would love to see them with minifigs, especially since so many of these seem to be made for a particular hero... (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  An important (to me) question - Would you like to own a piece of a little piece of the Internet?

So I don't tick too many people off, I've followed this up to buy-sell-trade. I am, if you do not know me, Anthony Sava, webmaster and artist for the Kingdom of Ikros: (URL) am also broke. I have been unemployed since graduation six months ago. For (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.publish)

  The Saga Continues...

Just writing to say that I think its time I "unveil" the next 2 chapters in the saga. Here is the current index of the story: (URL) is Chapter 10, (URL) Chapter 11, (URL) have written Chapter 12, but it hasn't been typed out yet, or ready for (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: LotR update - 3 new chapters

(...) I've been thinking of a western story for a while (after a castle one of course) and wrote one a bit ago which would do. I never thought there was any interest in a highbread western/story except for me. Though with all you've learnt from your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

32) Fritz Grondy - king of the lurkers and castle from the start! (i'm going back to building my big@ss castle now. Someday, I'll get a camera and post pics and stop lurking) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Joan D'arc

(...) Hey Yaron, good idea! I like your MOC. The face of the actress in the LEGO Studios series would have fitted perfectly for it! You know, the one that has 2 sides, one being all smiling and the other showing a frightened face... Anyway, good (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle)

  Romanesque Church

Some of you may have seen pictures from MichLUG's July 2002 GATS appearance of my church model. The original, St. Mary's of Redford Catholic Church in Detroit MI, was designed in the 1920s by the architect Ralph Adams Cram in a French Romanesque (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch) !!

  Re: LotR update - 3 new chapters

(...) Cool! I'd love to see more Western creations. I thought that was a really well designed theme which could have easily gone through another couple of years of releases. (...) Looking forward to it. (...) Probably not. I'm not a particularly (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: some new weapons

thanx you guys, glad to see theres people who appriciate all the hard work i put into my creations. I'll try and get some new pix taken of characters holding the weapons, along with some new weapons, should be in a few days. Their not really made (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: some new weapons

Hey Joey, you've made some fantastic stuff there (...) that is the main question here, are they all made from converted LEGO stuff, the chrome sword and the shield? just WOW! as for shield figure, I know that figure but I can't put my finger from (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Joan D'arc

(...) Thanks (...) ye right, I didn't thought of that, but I just don't have that mini-fig (yet) (...) Thanks you very much Terry Yaron "Webrain" Dori P.S. Just wanted to add: No mini-figs where hurt or injured during the shooting :) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle)

  Re: some new weapons

Ok ok, i guess i would hurt anything if i shared some of my secrets, the swords are of course the chrome swords with a few modifications here and there, as for the shield, i can't really take credit for it, its just one of those "megablocks: (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Modules?

I'm going home next weekend due to Fall Break, and I want to do some building. Did we ever decide on a module format? There was a lot of talk about it, but I failed to see a draft. Did I miss it? I think this could be one of the better things to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Modules?

Hello! I am the head of the brainstorming comittee and the webmaster for the Medieval Marketplace Project. We are currently voting on a draft of the "Standards". With 5/8 of the team already voted and only one more vote needed for the majority, I (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Hello All!!! After much anticipation, I am both excited and pleased to formally announce The Medieval Marketplace: A Common Castle Builders project. Below is the final version of the "Market Standard", the building standard for all market shops. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw) !!

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

WOOOHOOOOOO!!! Here we go!! Thanks Jeremy for all the hard work! e. (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Great job, Jeremy! Thanks again for organizing all of this! Josh (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

Sounds fun. Is the link incorrect tho as I'm getting a 404 error??? -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Jeremy Scott" <Copyright@cox.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Hi James, The link is correct but the site won't be up until later this week. Build On! Josh (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  My new Outpost

Hi all, Although castle is my faviorite theme I build quite a bit in other themes. Here is a recent effort that obviously is western (it is really just a test MOC to see how far my logs would go, about 5-6 hrs work). But I thought I would post it (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  Set 383 Flag Scan

Someone some time ago posted a scan of the Yellow Castle sticker sheet - for which I am much thankful (needed 3 shields and 4 vest stickers to finish my recreation). I recreated the Knights Joust set, #383, and was down to needing just one flag. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(33) Mark Chittenden - Older than my castle sets even! (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Alright! Was wondering why Space should have all the fun with the Moon Base Module project, when the old castle sets were first with the modular idea! (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new Outpost

Hey Nathan, Nice job on the outpost. I especially like the waterfall. Quite impressive! Josh (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new Outpost

(...) Wassssup (...) Great job Nathan! Lots of good detail. The waterfall was a nice touch : ) Keep up the good work! Hasta La Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  Re: some new weapons

Ok guys finally got the better pix of the weapons, and of a few others. (URL) you can see these are alot better pix, LMKWYT laterz, DARKSYDE (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

(...) <snipped first part of excellent idea> (...) <and snipped the rest> First off, great idea and setup, just the thing needed to breath some life back into .castle. In fact, I've started on my first module for this project. The above section is (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Hi Chris, The standard is currently green; however we wanted it to be as flexible as possible. I am sure that it would be okay to use a tan plate if you "greened" up the edges where it would meet the other shops. The main idea is getting together (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Set 383 Flag Scan

Mark Chittenden" <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message news:H4pnx2.L28@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) my (...) (URL) (...) I've been planning for a while to run the yellow castle sticker sheet through fireworks to get a nice fresh crisp printout (even (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Nice Big Armies

spotted this posted on RTL (URL) by a guy called Rick. I don't think I've seen him post over on this side of the web :) but there are some nice ideas there -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Set 383 Flag Scan

Hello! Apropos 383 flag: I have got some flags with stickers and some flags with printings directly on the red flag. (URL) (on the right printed) I wonder if the sticker version belongs to the older "383" and the printed flags to the more recent (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Hi Josh, Along Chris's line of thinking -- there are a lot of sets from recent years with 16x32 tan or brown baseplates - anyone that collects the original Adventurers or Wild West series has a truck load of them, myself included. I can't think of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Just to further comment (while still agreeing with Josh)... The other reason we did choose green as the standard, was because we knew green is the color most commonly found on a baseplate. While our motives were quite the opposite of pleasing just (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Just to comment even more (while agreeing with Josh and Jeremy)... One could presume that any market stalls with worn tan paths would be those that are doing the most business with mini-figure patrons. As long as the builder provides a compatible (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Black Falcons Fortess Shipping in Canada

Hi All, To any shop at buyer here in Canada, The Black Falcons Fortress is shipping here in Canada. My four arrived today. I can't wait to build something. Cheerio, William (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcons Fortess Shipping in Canada

(...) Yes I see my grammar errors already. It should read Shop at Home buyers... William (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  A Gatehouse

There is a great vibe going on in .castle at the moment and it's nice to see some of the old faces (well err... names) appearing again. Before we get inundated with a slew of quality marketplace creations, inspired by recent threads, here's a little (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

(...) Understood. Just throwing it out as devil's advocate. :) (...) Same as above but sometimes people can't avoid that. Just pointing it out as it came to mind as it did with Chris. (...) Oh, I agree. However the idea was a moon base and one of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

(...) Hi James, As usual your model is excellent. Your use of stalls and the tudor styled walls from the Guarded Inn Look Great. I prefer the Rounded top or Sqaure Nnja styled doors for my gates, but that is neither here nor there. Are you planning (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

(...) Hey, great model! I particularly like the style in which it was built, not thay annoying SNOT style which generally gets a bit old quickly. Anyway, the use of guarded inn parts was great too, we could sure use some more eighties styled (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

Very nice gatehouse, James! I really like it. Quite impressive. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CW Lives!

~Very nice!!! I for one am indebted to you for your enormous efforts on behalf of the community. ___...___ (URL) ¯¯¯...¯¯¯ “You clasped fast unto the grail of guidance whence it was offered... And now, through your leadership, the good people of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

-Castle ROLL-CALL: ¯¯¯...¯¯¯ (1) Jeremy Scott - .castle since I came lugnet... .castle until I DIE! (2) Joey Finnell (3) Yaron Dori - proud to be a part of castle (4) Dan Thompson (5) John "Hendo" Henderson - not .castle only, but always around. (6) (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: A Gatehouse

Hello! That's a nice gatehouse you've built there! It looks very compact and solid (hm, "trutzig" in German. Dunno how to translate.) I especially like its asymmetry, so it looks pretty realistic. Me too like also the way you fitted the building (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

(...) 8< snip >8 Am I too late to be #34 : D T. Deering (...) 8< snip >8 (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Loyal to .castle? [ROLL CALL]

Nope! Keep it going until everyone of us .castlers have signed it! -Castle ROLL-CALL: ¯¯¯...¯¯¯ (1) Jeremy Scott - .castle since I came lugnet... .castle until I DIE! (2) Joey Finnell (3) Yaron Dori - proud to be a part of castle (4) Dan Thompson (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new Outpost

(...) Hi, The waterfall is a little out of place but hey... Thanks for posting and God Bless, Nathan (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new Outpost

(...) Thanks Josh, Impressive isn't the word I'd use but for time spent I think it came out well. Thanks for the feedback and God Bless, Nathan (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

(...) Hi, I realize I'm a bit late to disagree, but I would prefer green baseplates under the stores (16x16 or16x32) but then lay tan plates down as the road. That way we would have full baseplate use and the trodden road many have been asking for. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

(...) Looks really good. I like the details around the gate itself. I had never seen that Lion head piece in Dk grey before, I had to go check out Peeron to see if you had painted a tan one or what. Very unique to use those dock pieces in a castle (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

"William Lister" <wlister@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:H4rJ79.6C@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks William. Unfortunately the corridor needed to be spanned was too wide by 2 studs to use the big doors or I would have used them. I did toy with the idea of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H4rKFF.3n6@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks Matt. I've actually always admired people who build so much and so well using snot techniques. I just don't have the mental bent to do things that way :) (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

"Josh Wedin" <pushmi.pullyu@verizon.net> wrote in message news:H4rsun.Lt6@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks Josh -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:H4ry1B.90J@lugnet.com... (...) solid (...) Thanks Jojo One of my main aims was to get the feeling of strength across. You want to put people off even thinking of laying siege :) I'm (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Gatehouse

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H4sqqF.G2L@lugnet.com... (...) never (...) to (...) Thanks Jason The Dk grey Lion is from the new monsters studios lab set. I've been looking for somewhere to put him and that seemed like a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

After a late night, the Medieval Marketplace web site is finally online! www.ozbricks.net/medievalmarket The web site further explains the published "Market Standard" along with 10 color-coded diagrams, includes a full list of shop ideas to get you (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish) !

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

(...) WOW! Cool site Hopefully I'll be making something soon for it (I had an idea of a guild of some sort but I'm not sure yet how it's gonna look). The only problem I see is the fact that I don't know if I'll arrive to the brickfest (hopfully I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

Very nice, Jeremy! The web site looks great! It makes all the work we did worth it! Thanks, Josh Wedin (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

(...) Very nice standard, Jeremy. You guys did a great job defining it all. Now, get to work you peasants and build some shops!(cracking the whip) ;-) Alex "The Earl of Heinz LVII" Cruz (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback so far! I have already updated the site with a tracking service and I fixed some broken links. I need all the new "Shop Keepers" to send me urls to thier shops so that I may display them in the gallery - so everyone: (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: A Gatehouse

Great Job James! Looks cool and detailed. HLDITY to build it? Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

(...) Oh great, now I have to find time to build both Marketplace MOCs *and* Moonbase MOCs... Not to mention I need more pieces! <snicker> ...I just re-tallied my collection using the Lugnet member set list and I only need 2000 pieces to reach (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

Congrats on the new system and the website. Looks like you guys are gonna have some fun. -Jon (wondering what a Moonbase/Marketplace adaptor would be like :-) -- | The Shipyard - (URL) The Moonbase Project - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: A Gatehouse

(...) *with pure fun intended* (URL) why do you always ask that? Is there a time limit? *plays Jeopardy theme* Thanks :-) Chris <>< (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

(...) Hi Jeremy, Looks great... Wondering if you could address some of my concerns: (URL) One other question- Can I buil one giant shop (32x32) with 2 street fronts and then indent where the ally comes in by a few dots so it can be hooked up? Thanks (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

(...) Glad to see a common castle builders project finally got off the drawing board, and into action! The whole idea is great and all, but the modules seem a bit small compared to the moonbase project, but that's entirely different, I suppose. I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: My new Outpost

Nathan, Very nice! I like a lot of the daily life details like the barracks and mess hall. The waterfall opening is cool, too. Where does it lead? I did wonder a bit why the commander would want to be dropped into the river below. It's not the sort (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Snip Great Marketplace Idea; I just have one concern, isn't a 2x wide alleyway just too narrow for a minifig???? The only way to get around this problem is to join the shops using 2x2 tiles, so that the minifigs can be placed at a slight angle. I (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  October 31st - Picture of the Day

Hello! For you October 31st is "Halloween". For me it is the day (485 years ago) when Dr Martin Luther nailed 95 theses against the practice of indulgence on the portal of the Schlosskirche (chateau church) in Wittenberg. This was a revolt against (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

(...) Wassssup (...) Great MOC! Looks cool. Didn't completely follow the thing about Dr Martin Luther, probably my fault though. Anyways, good job! Hasta La Vista, Sean P.S HLDI-wait, better not ask that : ) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

As one of those who gave input to the "Standard", hopefully I can give some helpful comments. I think that as long as the outward "facings" of a large shop conform to the standard, whatever happens behind the facades is pretty much up to you. But (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

Hi Jojo, Really nice MOC! I wonder if you are the first to make Martin Luther in Lego. I like the peaked arch over the door, very original. And I too would rather remember Martin Luther on Oct 31 than Halloween. Good job! Josh (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

Excellent comments, Alan, I agree completely. I just wanted to add my two cents about one thing, for those who may not have followed this from the beginning. This project keeps getting compared to the Moonbase project, but there is a large number (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

Hey Dan, A 2x alley is a bit narrow, but there was some concern about making the building space to small. I prefer a 4 stud alley, so I have built my shops (which will be posted soon, I hope) with a 2 stud back offset which gives the wider alley. It (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day

Beautiful image, Jojo. I love the detail in the archways. Is what we see there just a small part of a larger model? ...Oh, and the historical notes in your post are quite nice too! :) -Hendo (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

Cool! Cool! Cool! Now I'm gonna play in the past and in the future! Love it! Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks Alan, Josh! Jeremy - who doesn't like being the turn-to for all marketplace questions. I am not really the creator, just the ringleader. :-) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Formally Announcing: The Medieval Marketplace, A Common Castle Builders Project

After creating a experimental shop on a 16x16 baseplate I came up with a few problems and I know some of them have been said befor. (...) I think that the road should be made with 16x32 tan basplates, set between the shops facing each other. With a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Marketplace web site is online!!!

Excellent work Jeremy, we have lots to be excited about now. CW and MP to build for. So much to do, so few bricks. Thanks for the hard work Jeremy, it turned out really nice! e. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact