 Castle / 14820
Re: LotR update - 3 new chapters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:51:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
Great work as always Bruce and much appreciated!
  Still think you should do the Similliarion (sp?), maybe next?

Thanks.  I don't think I'd do the Silmarillion, but anyone else is welcome
to give it a try.  After I finish this project, which will take me at least
another year, probably several at the rate I'm going these days, I'm sure
I'll be looking for a different kind of challenge.*

Bruce

*Actually, I already know what my next big project will be.  I'd really like
to do a story in a Western theme.  I've got almost all of the Western sets,
so I've got a lot of figs I could use.  Quite possibly I will LEGO-ize the
Lone Ranger radio scripts:
http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/misc/other/rangermain.html
The other thought is to take an old western movie and do a LEGO version.
I'm leaning toward High Noon.  The advantage there (aside from just that
that is a great movie) is that there are relatively few sets to
consider--the exterior street, which would be a large project, but would be
the location of most of the action, the train station, and the interiors of
a few buildings. After designing the sets, most of the shooting decisions
have been made already by the original movie director.**

**Anything in this vein is a long ways off.  First I have to build Helm's
Deep, Meduseld, Minas Tirith, The Black Gate of Mordor, Mount Doom,
Hobbiton, Bag End, etc, etc, etc

Bruce