 Castle / 12858
  Re: Legend voting

(...) Prolly not, actually. Your theme is going to divide votes among two candidates while the townies, pirates and spacers all have one clear candidate to vote for. In fact, putting two up may have been an evil plot by Jake and co. to make sure a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) I wouldn't count on this, Larry. 1. The price point of the 6074 makes it extremely appealing, even to non-castleheads. Lots of people can use grey brick--especially Space, and a number of spacies don't think the Battrax is the best choice. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) Good analysis. You're prolly right. 375 would have too many compromised in it and doesn't have the curb appeal. We'll see. But as I said on our list, I almost don't care which one wins. I'll be getting multiple copies of the winner in any (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) Just another view here... I think both Peter and Larry make good points. (...) My view on grey is "who cares". We have a good selection of Grey brick available in bulk as well as the "castle expander pack" for the arches. (...) But I don't (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) I wonder how much they will charge, should the 375 win. All those solid bricks, plus 14 minifigs, it could get a little pricey. Maybe double the price of the New Blacksmith's Shop. The compromises you spoke of, presumably, would be one or more (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) In the survey itself, they listed the prices. On the page with descriptions before you go into the survey, they don't, and of course you can only vote once. Does anyone have the prices? Peter (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) Did you vote? Did you read the descriptions as you voted? The estimated prices for each set (in USD -AND- Euro no less) was given. I didn't think to record the prices for posterity... I remember the BSB was going to be $100 US... and I think (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) Actually haven't other Legends sets used stickers in some places instead of printing? I forget. (...) Probably... in fact almost certainly. But if they DID bring that 1x1 window back... look out! (...) Almost certainly. (...) Almost certainly. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Prices of the various legends

(...) Here is the complete text of the descriptions, posted without permission, for the purposes of furthering discussion. - start - Below are some pictures of LEGO sets. Assuming that all of these sets were available right now, in your market, how (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) Huh? Are there any printed bricks in this set? The flag uses a sticker (at least mine does), as do the torso armor parts and the shields (all of mine do). There's some front tower decoration as well, right? I think that's a sticker too. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) 4558 - stickers on 1x5x4 cargo doors. I think stickers would increase the attractiveness of this set. With stickers the set is primarily basic bricks, and plain minifigs (which are easily useable in town). (...) The 1x1 w/side stud is pretty (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Prices of the various legends

(...) (snippage) (...) Thank you. No I didn't vote, I am having some problems logging on to the Lego Website properly. Plus I need to mull it over some more. But I am pretty sure I am not going to vote for the Battrax:) Aaron D. (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) I think Aaron meant that they'd replace those stickers (from the original set) with printed bricks, not vice versa. However I would expect that not to be the case, that rather they would issue stickers. I might have guessed wrong about what (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) My initial thought was that the rereleased set would NOT have a sticker sheet, since Lego seems to have moved away from that sort of thing. After reading several posts relating to the sticker subject, I now agree that if 375 were rereleased, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Legend voting

(...) I would assume it is much cheaper to print a sticker sheet than to paint bricks, so that's probably what they'd go with. Personally I dislike stickers and never put them on. If you play (rather than display) they can get sort of ragged. Of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle)