 Castle / 11549
Re: 20 answers (Building, ideas, supplies)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 21:58:33 GMT

Xcalabur wrote:

<snip>

grey and brown... but in good taste. If you're building a large setting, use
mega-bricks every so often so that you're not wasting plates on all that
space.

I've never used Mega-Bricks?  Just how good are they, and how cheap,
compared to Lego?  I haven't soiled my collection yet (though I do have som
Loc-Blocks in the basement, but those are from before there was any Lego in
the house :) ).  I can see using them for a few underplatings, and then
topping it all off with Lego?  Also, is there any good way to "hollow out" a
hill or mountain?  I've seen some strange multi-color scaffoldings built in
some larger mountain's to give them some stability for example...

Brett,  megabricks are those great big (LEGO) bricks you find under a lot of
the Fright Knights and Ninja sets, as well as most recent others.  Look at
<set:6097> for an example.  All the big green bricks at the base are
referred to as megabricks.

Is this in the FAQ? Other names I have seen or used:

- super bricks
- base bricks

Frank