 Castle / 11525
Re: 20 questions (Building, ideas, supplies)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:45:48 GMT

Brett, these are all very good questions.

3) Where are good places to read up on/research good building techniques?

About a year ago I imagined a catalogue of frequently used building ideas,
inspired by C. Alexander's "A Pattern Language".
http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=7353

But right now, the best thing you can probably do is look at a lot of
official Lego instructions in the Lugnet set guide (brickshelf actually).

4) Furniture...
You notice Bram Lambrecht's Artist's Studio?
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1442

Jeff Elliott wanted to gather up this sort of thing once:
http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=4996

A few collections of furniture have appeared in Lugnet over the years. All I
can recall immediately is http://www.baseplate.com hosts Legopolis (see "web
pages", "sparkle bathroom fixtures" especially).

Furniture is one of those building patterns, solutions to common problems
that you can borrow from. It deserves to be highlighted because usually its
gems are hidden inside a big MOC.