 Castle / 11545
Re: 20 answers (landscaping)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:10:23 GMT

Also, is there any good way to "hollow out" a
hill or mountain?  I've seen some strange multi-color scaffoldings built in
some larger mountain's to give them some stability for example...

heya, i think id like to insert some wisdom here.

i, too, love landscaping.. and am trying to use it in more of my creations.
ive found that hollowing is the best way to get the most out of your brick.

in my town glen caer ( http://www.lugnet.com/~1168/glencaer/ ) there are two
hills, both hollowed out.. but they were my second foray into landscaping so
they aren't all that good (a little too steep).

but ive just built some country side that is much less extreme, but it is also
hollow. what i did is used the plate only for top, while using green bricks for
the side and yellow (any) color brick for the inside.  basically i outlined
with bricks where the plates would go and added some to hold it up and make it
secure.  the result was really satisfactory, and really increased the area that
i could cover than just using plates.  after the structure was up, i added
extra plates and bricks to fill it out and give it really nice smooth like
features.

ill post pictures of what im talking about tomorrow (at eckerd's today).

hope that helps.

peace
-lenny