 Castle / 10980 (+20)
  LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack

Hey all! I picked up the newly released soundtrack for The Fellowship of the Ring, and I must say, it is *fantastic.* It has a good mix of classical orchestral styled pieces, many of which are rather Wagnerian, and some Celtic pieces. In addition, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack

South Park killed Enya for me. :) Being old is like being trapped in a dark room with Enya on the radio. It's cheesy and lame, yet earily soothing, all at the same time. "Jeff Stembel" <jeff.stembel@noaa.gov> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Best set for castle that is out now ...

Ok - simple question for everyone: What is the best set out right now for castle fans? Bulk ordering excluded ... Now by best set, I have in mind a set that you get the most amount of useful parts for the best price. A ratio :) A while back, I would (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

(...) Hagrid's Hut at Kmart this weekend at 20% off. I would say for $24, it had a nice variety of pieces. Again, taking cost into factor, it doesn't beat out the MTT. The plates are not very useful and the roof is *rap. The fact that you have to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

(...) the Guarded Inn is probably the best for your buck these days in terms of pieces for new castles. If you consider postage etc, you could get about three of these for the same money you would spend on just one King Leo's Castle. That's 15 grey (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

A few to add: Slave I - TONS of green slopes, brown, etc., and coupled with the Landspeeder (also a good one) for $15, this is a great set. Also, I gotta give a nod to the Young Dinosaur series (7000-7003). These have a good bunch of grey and dk. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

(...) ~Evan Butzlaff (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

(...) I think you've got my two favorites pegged there; my most recent MOC (which admittedly is a boat, not a castle - but it's *for* castle!) would never have happened without many 7184's. For traditional castles Guarded Inn beats other current (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

Hey, everybody. my View on the best set for castle out is the Hogwarts castle, hagrid's hut, and the no, brainer, guarded inn. Here is why: Hogwarts: It is a huge castle, you get great minifigs like Hagrid and Dumbledore, the body armor... Plus all (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

I'd add 6094 Guarded Treasury - it has cool window, dungeon door, gray and blue slopes, the lion head sculptures, and a tower piece. Castaway Pirate "Pawel Nazarewicz" <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:GnE9vH.7zy@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Shield - help!

Hi all, I have been trying to find the correct proportions of the portuguese shield, for use in the PLUG logo, but unsuccessfully so far. So I thought of asking for help in this newsgroup, 'cause I think I remember seing something about shield (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...

These are my choices for best castle theme sets out now: (Guarded Inn - does not really count, It would be very hard to out do most LegoLand Castle sets before the 1990's) Best small set: - Knight's catapult 4816 - it has decent peices and two nice (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Not Really Legos. . .

This really isn't about legos but if you like Anime you will love this. At toonami.com they actually play the cartoons online. If you check it out click on the show "Record of the Lodoss Wars". I just watched the first episode and it had a GREAT (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not Really Legos. . .

(...) Hey Brett! Yeah, Record of Lodoss War is a great series, however the newest season, called "chronicles of the Heroic Knight" is by far the best. I highly reccomend this series to fantasy and castle lovers! It was a big influence on my (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Continuing the Epic

Fellow castle heads, the Chronicles of Ikros have one more chapter under their belt. I hope you enjoy it. The Chronicles of Ikros Chapter 22: An Ancient Society (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Continuing the Epic

(...) Hey Anthony, great job on another story. I really liked how you mentioned Volldai in the story. Is this hinting at maybe having your two storylines cross paths somewhere along the way? Very cool idea! Wilson (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Continuing the Epic

(...) well done, IMHO. By giving us the beginning of the story again, from another perspective, you manage a recap without it looking like a recap. Well told, and well timed, with the story moving farther away from Ikros. thanks, James (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Really Legos. . .

(...) After I bought the first video and once I got 7106 droid escape. I was inspired to make a parn minifig. I improved him as time went on. I used the C3P0 torso (with d. gray arms), the brown hair, the luke skywalker (snow speeder) head, brown (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Continuing the Epic

(...) Argh! It's down, of course, because of excessive data transfer. I'll check it out later. How long has Geocities been enforcing their data transfer limits on an hourly basis? On a ranting note... They claim that you get 3Gb of transfer per (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Continuing the Epic

(...) Ah, got through. Hmm... very interesting turn of events. That explains a few things. I'm curious- how far ahead do you plot? I mean, I can see that you have all the chapters planned out... but how much detail do you already know? As for the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact