 Castle / 10984
Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:23:46 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:

A while back, I would have said that the Sith Infiltrator got the award.  Even
farther back, the Robo Raptor would have gotten the nod.

So here are my two sets:

1)  10000 - the Guarded Inn.  Not a shocker, but at $25.00, it's a good deal.
Its downside is that you won't find it on sale anywhere.  That has to be
factored in ...
2)  7184 - MTT - good mix of slopes, plates, and bricks.  If they go down to
$30.00, I will get quite a few ...

Other than that, there is a shortage of really good sets out there to just
bust up for parts.  I have yet to fall in love with Harry Potter sets ...

Let me know what you think,

-- Pawel

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/new/

I wish I coyld contribute with "something new", but I'd have to agree that
the Guarded Inn is probably the best for your buck these days in terms of
pieces for new castles. If you consider postage etc, you could get about
three of these for the same money you would spend on just one King Leo's
Castle. That's 15 grey wall sections folks, 3 tudor wall sections and 6
tudor wall corners, 9 soldiers/knights etc, lots of great roof pieces. They
just don't make castle sets like they used to, sigh... If they rereleased
the Black Falcon's Fortess, the big crusaders's (King's?) Castle, or the
original yellow castle in tan, I'd probably spend between $150 and $250
buying multiple sets just for parts.

The MTT is also great for the great assortment of bricks in new and useful
colors. Unfortunately, if you only get one of these, this doesn't provide
enough pieces to build individual structiures in tan, brown and dark grey. I
might also buy a few more if ot was put on sale, but I'd be stuck with all
those little droids...

As for the Harry Potter stuff, I'll buy at least one of Hagrid's Hut, and
perhaps the big School of Magic when I get back to the US over Xmas.  Still,
as castle pieces sets, they really aren't great, although I really love the
new wooden doors.

Magnus