 Castle / 10987
Re: Best set for castle that is out now ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:03:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Ok - simple question for everyone:

What is the best set out right now for castle fans?  Bulk ordering excluded ...
Now by best set, I have in mind a set that you get the most amount of
useful parts for the best price.  A ratio :)

A while back, I would have said that the Sith Infiltrator got the award.  Even
farther back, the Robo Raptor would have gotten the nod.

So here are my two sets:

1)  10000 - the Guarded Inn.  Not a shocker, but at $25.00, it's a good deal.
Its downside is that you won't find it on sale anywhere.  That has to be
factored in ...
2)  7184 - MTT - good mix of slopes, plates, and bricks.  If they go down to
$30.00, I will get quite a few ...

Other than that, there is a shortage of really good sets out there to just
bust up for parts.  I have yet to fall in love with Harry Potter sets ...

Let me know what you think,

I think you've got my two favorites pegged there; my most recent MOC (which
admittedly is a boat, not a castle - but it's *for* castle!) would never
have happened without many 7184's.

For traditional castles Guarded Inn beats other current sets hands down,
even if you aren't a castle wall fan (I'm not).  It's just cheaper per
piece, with better pieces.

The Sith Infiltrator is still way up there on my list, although I've got
enough of 'em to drown a cat, so they're not as high on the list as they
used to be.

The Harry Potter stuff is *good* for tan, especially arches, but is a little
pricey for the value; I don't think I'll be getting *too* many of these
unless I can get a good price on 'em.  But they're worth getting 1 copy for
the parts even at retail, IMHO.

thanks,

James