 Castle / 10910 (+20)
  Re: Cannons?

Adam, I've been intersted in late medieval warfare for a while, and hope I can give you some useful guidelines. (...) If I recall correctly, cannons in Europe first came into play in the 14th century. I read that the first use of "guns" against (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  medieval warships

Hi all, Hmm, seems like several of us are on a spree of building medieval warships. I recently (finally) got brown boat hull pieces, and want to make a medieval warship, you know the kind with a crenelated tower at the front and back. Can anyone (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval warships

(...) Here is a web page with some historical points. They are from a slide show at a University, so, no pics. But, I figured the information should at least be useful to you. (2 URLs) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Sailing Ships (a lack of them)

(...) I have a fleet! (URL) personally don't like the 'flying' ships myself. It just seems a little out of place for me when I think castle and chivalry... BK> (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Found a resource! (Was: Re: Cannon?)

(...) This actually was developed during the Dark Ages by the Byzantines (Romans to themselves, Greeks to everyone else) and being perhaps the most closely and successfully guarded military secret of all time, was lost with the fall of the Byzantine (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cannons?

(...) Ohhhhhh, and I was going to leap all over that one, too! (...) Do you barbeque misteaks? Perhaps it is a Humpty-Dumpty portmanteau of mesquite smoked steaks? Please cite all references and use only original sources. :-) Bruce (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: medieval warships

(...) You're looking at building a cog, developed on the Hansard coast in the 13th-14th centuries, or a nef, which wasn't a double-ended ship and had a modern rudder. Other purely European ships had some provision for oars. It's worth noting that (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

To Whom It May Concern: I have placed three images of what appears to be a new castle visor on the following webpage: (URL) images are from the AMAZINGLY good Monty Python and the Holy Grail / Camelot mini-movie on Lego's website. As others before (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) I just assumed that they custom made that piece for this specific skit - ala custom making the shields and cutting off the wings from the Batlords' helmets. The mace used in drumming would also be a custom piece. I would be overjoyed if they (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(URL) O.K. WoW… I Love stuff like this!!! Thanks Mr. Marchetti for the sneak-peek. But is it a possibility that this element has been solely created for this movie? (((lets hope not))) And regards to the helmet itself… it appears as though the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) Who knows? That's why I am <outrageous french accent> taunting them a second time!</outrageous french accent> But check this out: (URL) if the visor was custom for the mini-movie, why not make it and the helmet look more like the helmet in the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) Python movie on the Lego website, I rushed right over to try and watch it, but alas could not because of browser problems or something. Now that I see the picture, the "new" visor looks absolutely awesome. I agree that the helmet under there (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) Is there a proper name for this "teutonic" style great helm?? Keeping this relevant to lugnet.lego: once Space/Town/Model Team are taken care of in the Legends line... My 10375 (2002 mix) Castle architecture is unchanged (unless it's (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego)

  Re: baseplate in 6091/6098 King Leo's Castle

(...) Well, I won't dispute it's a SPUD, but I was more thinking if it had an amusing name, along the lines of: CRAPP: Crummy Ramp and Pit Plate - the baseplate with a ramp and pit. I tend to think of it as the Valley Baseplate, but it's not a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) I've gotta agree with Pawel here, I think it was a custom visor. I can't see Lego going back to the old style space helmet. Jeff (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) I would lay very strong odds on it being a one-off custom that Lego didn't even do. This post: (URL) some info on how the movie happened, and there's a strong implication that the figs existed independant of LEGO before the movie. James (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

(...) I think what they are talking about is this: (URL) but as we see here, this visor is just a regular lego visor. Maybe when lego decided to make the short film, they went the extra step. Maybe. -- Pawel (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  MOC Teaser.... yes, Anthony is building a real MOC!

The world as we know it just got a little smaller. The vast spaces between us have shrunken. Eight adventurers seek the unknown, and will find more than they bargained for. (URL) fear what you cannot see, and still you do not fear that which you (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

It's certainly very well made if its not Lego Could it be a prototype for a never released set ?? the batlord helmets (sans wings) looked well done too, OK they could have been sprayed, but didn't look it It's odd if the visor was scratch built as (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)

My bit of idle speculation would be that this helm was done for a follow-on series to last year's Knight's Kingdom series, which was then subsequently scratched once the Harry Potter's license was inked. Hopefully it will show up in the near future. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact