 Castle / 10920
Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:59:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
But is it a possibility that this element has been solely created for this
movie?                     (((lets hope not)))

Who knows?  That's why I am <outrageous french accent> taunting them a
second time!</outrageous french accent>  But check this out:

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/g-arthur.jpg

-- if the visor was custom for the mini-movie, why not make it and the
helmet look more like the helmet in the film?  It doesn't look like it at all!

And regards to the helmet itself… it appears as though the helmet is similar
to the classic space style with the thin chin-strap. But isn’t this
considered to be an inferior model…Lego would never release such a thing?
Perhaps it’s a re-mastered version…
Perhaps it’s a new better quality version of the old classic space helm…
And perhaps it will be used in the 6075 once it’s released as a Legend in
late 2002…                        http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6075_2

I have both types of helmets in black sitting atop my 'puter in different
MOC configurations.  It does appear to be the space/classic castle helmet.

BTW, I insist that NONE of my old classic visors have ever snapped at the
chinstrap. I think people are just seeing ones that have been stepped on or
something if they think this is a common problem. I have had many of my
current stock of classic helmets since the early 80s and it is NOT the case
that these helmets fly apart of themselves. None of mine have done so.

If they want to revamp the old #375 Yellow Castle with these new visors,
they could do worse than to additionally make it a light/dark grey, or even
tan castle. Yellow never really did it for me.  But I'd buy practically any
color for either the original helmets, or these new ones in quantity.

Other cool types of helmets could be Binky's customs seen at:
http://home.att.net/~motoslave/toypix/bricks/moc/malcolm-a.jpg

Anyway, let's keep the noise down in this forum unless Lego people want to
join in on the discussion.  Lugnut followups to: lugnet.castle please.

-- Hop-Frog (I'm a frog, hope always "springs" eternal for me!)