 Castle / 10936
Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:39:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dave Low writes:
Is there a proper name for this "teutonic" style great helm??

I have seen similar helms from around the 12 century (Robert Bruce has one
on in Braveheart when he jousts with Wallace), but those don't open up. I
think they are just called "Great Helms", because of their size and great
weight (which I understand would rest on the shoulders, not head, of the wearer)

I've never seen a helmet quite like this, but it sure looks very cool. Hey,
anything that hints at new catsle sets is very cool in my book :)

Magnus