 Castle / 10942
Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 04:39:50 GMT

You know there is no doubt in my mind that this IS a NEW helmet line, now
whether or not it will be in some recent release, well who knows?

I’m sure though, it too well done professionally to be a modification helmet.

Also did you notice that the Helmet piece under it is stronger looking than
the older model in the 80's sets? The lip looks very reinforced.

Doyle

P.S. ANYONE EVERY know what happen to the idea of bulk lego bricks, I mean
it's kind of slow in releasing common bricks in the color GRAY, a very well
used color by all builders? I really feel cheated when I use to be able to
buy the gray bricks in the packs and get 20% off and get 1x1 etc. now they
cost more than what I could get them for before and they STILL dont have any
1x1 in lt gray! But I tell you they release faster the you can say "Lego"
Pink Bricks! Sheesh!

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
In lugnet.castle, Dave Low writes:
Is there a proper name for this "teutonic" style great helm??

I have seen similar helms from around the 12 century (Robert Bruce has one
on in Braveheart when he jousts with Wallace), but those don't open up. I
think they are just called "Great Helms", because of their size and great
weight (which I understand would rest on the shoulders, not head, of the wearer)

I've never seen a helmet quite like this, but it sure looks very cool. Hey,
anything that hints at new catsle sets is very cool in my book :)

Magnus