 Castle / 10922
Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:58:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:

Perhaps it’s a re-mastered version…
Perhaps it’s a new better quality version of the old classic space helm…
And perhaps it will be used in the 6075 once it’s released as a Legend in
late 2002…                        http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6075_2

If they want to revamp the old #375 Yellow Castle with these new visors,
they could do worse than to additionally make it a light/dark grey, or even
tan castle. Yellow never really did it for me.  But I'd buy practically any
color for either the original helmets, or these new ones in quantity.

Is there a proper name for this "teutonic" style great helm??

Keeping this relevant to lugnet.lego: once Space/Town/Model Team are taken
care of in the Legends line...

My 10375 (2002 mix)
Castle architecture is unchanged (unless it's expanded...)
Tan replaces yellow (bricks)
Black replaces red (fittings)
Brown replaces green (baseplates)
Keep the tabards (thankyou women's soccer!), but let's have them in a couple
of colours
Keep the four knights & squires
Keep the heraldry
Okay to use modern horses, though oldschool would be nice (make one brown)
Definitely okay to update the knights with breastplates and the funky new
helmet design

Maybe someone with the Harry Potter sets could work up a draft of this;
looks to be a good source for tan bricks and arches. Or a virtual version?

--DaveL