 Castle / 10921
Re: New Castle Visor? (Heads Up Castle-Heads!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.lego, Richard Marchetti writes:
I have placed three images of what appears to be a new castle visor on the
following webpage: http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon3/lego/newvisor.html

Trying to not get up for a down ...

The latest information concerning next year's set releases has met with a
lukewarm response, to say the least.  Personally, I could be VERY excited
about this element all by itself.

I just assumed that they custom made that piece for this specific skit -  ala
custom making the shields and cutting off the wings from the Batlords'
helmets.  The mace used in drumming would also be a custom piece.

I would be overjoyed if they did release a third visor.

-- Pawel

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/new/

Thanks for posting those pics, Richard.  When they first announced the Monty
Python movie on the Lego website, I rushed right over to try and watch it,
but alas could not because of browser problems or something.  Now that I see
the picture, the "new" visor looks absolutely awesome.  I agree that the
helmet under there is none other than a classic black space helmet.

But I also remember that Brad J. did not answer any queries about the new
helmet, although there were some when the "movie" first came out.  Was he
just too busy?  Maybe.  But if that helmet was a custom, built only for the
Monty Python movie, wouldn't he have said so?  If it was part of a surprise
for next year or soon, maybe he would have good reason to keep mum about it...