 Castle / *19412 (-20)
  Re: Church MOC

This is a great church. It has a great look from the outside, and the interior details are fantastic. Highlights: Creative roof using the plates at different angles. Inset windows add great texture. The candles look real enough to light! I like the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MHoF update : Black Falcon wins!

If lugnet.castle is going to band together again, my vote would be to elect the Princess minifig. In fact, I'm voting for her right now. -Aaron "Terry Prosper" <t@rotule.qc.ca> wrote in message news:HIAKLz.K1s@lugnet.com... (...) Fame (...) (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights Kingdom sucks!

(...) I have to agree with that. When I was young, Robin Hood and his crew always had this gigantic "hidden" fortress that was generally made to look like a short stump of an Ewok tree (which was enough that noone could ever find it), while the evil (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

(...) Thank you. I had originally planned to make this a sailing ship for the 'Bulls' theme, but as time went on I realized the colors didn't fit too well with the Bulls. I'm pleased with how it turned out, but I'm still unsure of which lego castle (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Knights Kingdom sucks!

(...) Yet that's exactly the mix I preferred when I was 10. You have to let kids apply their own logic here, and they are not yet interested in "realism". However I don't think you could go wrong by making the castle look stronger. (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights Kingdom sucks!

(...) Hi Joshua, thanks for sharing your personal views on the theme. There is a lot to complain about with the theme. However, there was a chrome set in the theme with a dragon ... Dragon Rider (URL) not flashy, but definitely affordable. I thought (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Nazgul

(...) On a large enough scale it should be possible to make all-plate wings that can actually fold up, but the structure required to do so probably wouldn't be able to support the weight. Alternatively, you could go the non-articulated route, and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Knights Kingdom sucks!

Hey guys, I just wanted to rant about knights kingdom. First of all,there are no dragons or ghosts anymore. Also,the new helmet looks like the minifig is wearing a plate on their head! The catapult piece also sucks. I think lego should have stuck (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  MHoF update : Black Falcon wins!

Black Falcon won June 2003's poll to be this month's Minifig Hall of Fame inductee. Black Falcon always did good in the previous polls, but with Blacktron 1 and others out of the way, no one could stop him from winning. Only Futuron and King Kahuna (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.western, lugnet.underground, FTX) !

  Re: crusader keep

(...) Hey Steve, It is great,although it might look better if it wasn't all grey. Later, Joshua (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Nazgul

Reed, Your creation is fantastic! I like the use of minifig arms as claws. Very Nice! Ben (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Nazgul

(...) Good spotting on the wings. I've been trying to develop a larger version of dragon wings using plates and such, but I haven't had any success yet. I'd love to try an eastern dragon as well, but I can never get the head just right.. Ah well. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Nazgul

(...) Aye, black is a pain to photograph. I had to delete half the pictures I took, due to blurring and suchlike. Thanks for the kind words! Reed Anderson (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Nazgul

(...) Thankee much, good sir. Thou art ever too kind. :) Reed Anderson (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Nazgul

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote: . (...) Hehe... I wish. Endless bricks would make building so much easier.. (I'm currently under 50,000 part-wise...) (...) Thanks so much for the compliments! The folder is currently moderated, with a total of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Nazgul

(...) Heh. When I looked at the first image, I was trying to figure out what you'd used for wing membranes, and I suddenly had the idea that you might be able to pinch minifig capes between the plates on the fingers. Then I looked a little closer at (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Nazgul

Incredible. It's simply magnificent. I only wish that black creations were easier to photograph so that we could get a better understanding of how you created it. ;) -Ben Harris (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Nazgul

(...) 8O All I have to say is this: You rock man. Cheers! Dean (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Who says nobody builds ships?

Greetings Ben! (...) Glad to have you -- like everybody's said, it does us good to have more and more variety in the contributions we see! (...) That's just plain cryptic. I can picture it coming out of the mist... : ) Very nice use of the grey Time (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Nazgul

(...) Reed... Man... do you work for LEGO or something? This is FANTASTIC. This has got to be the best dragon/drake at this scale I have ever seen. I must know how you made it! At this moment in time, your gallery hasn't been moderated, so I don't (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact