 Castle / *16850 (-20)
  Re: who is the castle curator???

Hi Matt, I understand and respect your statements. I even value your prudence… It jus’ that, the way I see it, the advantages of having a ‘care-taker’ out ways the odds of preferential treatment or the remote development of a hierarchy! (Just an (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Minotaur

I was chatting with Tim Deering and he showed me a minotaur he made: (URL) mentioned he should try really big Tim Curry style horns on it and he told me ot make one. This dude is pretty rough but here was my first attempt: (URL) favorite part are (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

In lugnet.admin.curators, Richard Noeckel writes: Heh..I knew my opinion would arise some manner of contreversy. Not surprising. (...) Not exactly to that proportion...although I can sense your sarcasm. (...) Maybe not if you're a dual theme poster. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) This is too funny! Has this jus’ suddenly become a bid for the throne? A struggle that could unite or rip apart the kingdom??? A battle of wills and opinions from competing Dukes and Barons… <Slaps forehead!> OMFG give me a break! This isn’t a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  who is the .space curator (was Re: who is the castle curator???)

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:H5Bq32.H9x@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) think (...) but (...) Actually thats not entirely true. :-) I sent you an email a while ago about this but I knew you were busy. I'm ready to be set up as (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  Re: who is the castle curator???

(...) Hi! (FYI: I'm now on my way back into 'real life') (...) Well, that wasn't part of a [conscious] descision on my part, but I think I know what you mean. The geater the scope of a theme, the harder it is to think of any one person as the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

(...) I can't help myself. Since none of us will ever know what the business justification is for making molds vs. reusing existing pieces, it's all wild and idle speculation. But, here are my guesses, worth far less than a 2x4 brick. - There's more (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Honestly, with the cost of making new molds being so high, and Megablocks really beating LEGO on the price/parts ratio, I don't see why they would spend the money on making new molds of things than can already be made by combining a few existing (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H5828K.4Kp@lugnet.com... (...) was (...) I have the instructions for that set somewhere.... If I just knew where... S (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

(...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H52L9s.Azt@lugnet.com... (...) on. (...) That parts was used in another set too. (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Griffon Mark II

(...) I'm normally not much for revisions of previous creations, but this is really well done. I like the new wings a lot more. They seem more natural. The way the upper ridge gets bigger closer to the body helps with this perception. Good work! (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Griffon Mark II

I've had it in my head ever since I released the first images of my griffon oh so long ago. People seemed to love my griffon, all except the static nature of the wings. So last night I worked on that. I don't have more pictures right now, but I hope (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Medieval Town Suggestions

First, I think we should all applaud the efforts of Jeremy, Josh, Jason, Benjamin and everyone else who's been working to get a group project going. I think it would be great to get a large project going that everyone can be a part of. There has (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Town Suggestions

(...) The idea of a project like this is to have a standard for building which allows groups of people to meet and create a larger display than their personal collection and time might provide. From my past experience in participating in these (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: M. Marketplace standard question...

My thoughts exactly. Good job, Erick. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval Town Suggestions

I'm curious why we need such a project? Don't we all just build these things anyways? Whatever, my only suggestion is this, stay small. Why don't you guys just build Marketshops that are "permanent". You could call them 'buildings' and they could be (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: M. Marketplace standard question...

I think the general answer in the MM for unanswered questions is, you figure it out. If your over hang needs to be big, go ahead. As for a rear overhang, do you EVER plan on putting anything behind it? If so, you really can't put anything back (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: M. Marketplace standard question...

Hi Ben, When the group was working on standards, we were primarily thinking in terms of temporary style one-level structures/stalls, not permanent buildings. So it was a bit of a surprise - a pleasant and welcome surprise - when the first creations (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Wilson, Very cool. This is one of the most original fortress MOCs I've seen. As others have said, I love how it is built in a "real" location--the design of the fortress is based around the setting in which it is located. A great example of this is (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact