 General / 39323
Re: how very odd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 02:56:00 GMT

Honestly, with the cost of making new molds being so high, and Megablocks
really beating LEGO on the price/parts ratio, I don't see why they would
spend the money on making new molds of things than can already be made by
combining a few existing pieces. Not only does it lower their piece counts,
but it must raise their costs as well since making new molds is supposed to
be very expensive, and those two things make LEGO's price/parts ration look
bad to shoppers at Wal-Mart.

What benefit does LEGO seek to gain by making a lot of the juniorized pieces
they've made lately? It just limits what you can build.

The wall piece in that example at least has a window to make it different
than using two of the old corner walls, but if the window is going to be
covered up anyway, it looks like they should have just used two of the old
part. Besides, it's not a very big change, and it doesn't appear as though
it justifies the creation of a new mold.

Yeah, I'm confused. I hope LEGO is making more sensible decisions nowdays.