 General / 39234
Re: how very odd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:05:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Johannes Koehler writes:
Hello!

You are right this is confusing.

Indeed.

I am wondering if Peeron has the
inventory right on this piece.  It seems like I have seen this piece in
something else.

This piece AFAIK is used just in 6097 and 9376 (Dacta Castle Set)

I have never seen lego make a new piece for only one set

Back in the 70ies TLC used to produce parts for sets that were never used
again besides these sets. For example look at the red arch in this set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/378
But there are also more recent sets that contain unique parts, like 8855.
And there is a sloped light-brick in one Light&Sound Space set, and so on.

How about the conveyor from the Gravel Pit set (360_1)... that set of
several parts (body, 2 spindles, stand, lower stand, spill way, crank,
rubber belt) was used in very few other sets (I cannot find where it was
used in yellow but am sure it was).

That was back in 1974!