 General / 39219
Re: how very odd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:44:12 GMT

Hello Jojo,

Thanks for the information.  I hadn't realized that they had done that so
much.  The odd thing about this castle piece is that the way they use it in
6097 is kind of pointless and 9376 is really just a castle parts lot meant
for educators to use, am I right?  Weird that they did that.

Josh

In lugnet.general, Johannes Koehler writes:
Hello!

You are right this is confusing.

Indeed.

I am wondering if Peeron has the
inventory right on this piece.  It seems like I have seen this piece in
something else.

This piece AFAIK is used just in 6097 and 9376 (Dacta Castle Set)

I have never seen lego make a new piece for only one set

Back in the 70ies TLC used to produce parts for sets that were never used
again besides these sets. For example look at the red arch in this set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/378
But there are also more recent sets that contain unique parts, like 8855.
And there is a sloped light-brick in one Light&Sound Space set, and so on.

Bye
Jojo