 General / 39220
Re: how very odd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 17:16:39 GMT

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Johannes 'Jojo'  Koehler wrote:

I have never seen lego make a new piece for only one set

Back in the 70ies TLC used to produce parts for sets that were never
used again besides these sets. For example look at the red arch in this
set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/378
But there are also more recent sets that contain unique parts, like
8855. And there is a sloped light-brick in one Light&Sound Space set,
and so on.

Sebulba,
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30272
, Kaadus, Princess Leia's hair---each from one 2000 sets, and they haven't
been used again yet.  'Tis strange, since the molds apparently cost so
much. . .

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/