 General / 39241
Re: not *that* odd (was Re: how very odd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:31:14 GMT

richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Clark Stephens writes:
The specific part you mention was added to a normal production run early • in
the Fright Knights series. It was probably meant to be used more often.

Don't we have an even more recent example of this occurring in the • Knight's
Kingdom, #6098 King Leo's Castle?  I refer to this element:
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/30272 the different set numbers refer to the
same set -- so basically, it has appeared in only one set so far (and if • you
have ever seen one, you know this is probably a good thing).

True, but hateful though it is it serves a purpose that cannot be done
without modified bricks. You can't get a portcullis grille down a gap 2 wide
including an arch. The wall piece provides no benefit over 2 seperate
corners, lots of which are used in the same model :) I didn't mean so much
its odd that LEGO should produce a piece for just one set, rather they
produce a piece for one set then use it in a way to render it pointless :)

<snip>
-- Hop-Frog

--
James Stacey
---------
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado