 Castle / *16810 (-20)
  Re: how very odd

Hello Jojo, Thanks for the information. I hadn't realized that they had done that so much. The odd thing about this castle piece is that the way they use it in 6097 is kind of pointless and 9376 is really just a castle parts lot meant for educators (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Hello! (...) Indeed. (...) This piece AFAIK is used just in 6097 and 9376 (Dacta Castle Set) (...) Back in the 70ies TLC used to produce parts for sets that were never used again besides these sets. For example look at the red arch in this set: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: how very odd

Hey James, You are right this is confusing. There is no reason to use that piece if you are going to cover up the window, other than piece availibility (sp?). And the Lego company doesn't have to worry about that! One other small issue could be (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

Hey Nathan, Don't worry that your MOCs a bit bigger than was originally intended. If you want your roads to be wider, then make them wider. I don't think that anyone can say (or even wants to say) that there is only one right way to build something. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

Jeremy and others, I'll admit my MOCs for this are a bit larger then you were looking for (and I've still got bigger), but this is castle...big and sometimes grey... But please note I never complained, all my mocs (I have 3 built and 2 half (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  how very odd

This confused me the other day. What is LEGO's policy on new parts. I have seen people comment on how old parts cannot be reintroduced as the cost of replication is too high. Why was this part ever produced. take a look at the corner dark grey piece (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

Cool! Welcome to .castle, Rocco! Glad to have you. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

If it makes you feel better, I signed up for this forum because I was interested in the MM. (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

You know, Regarding all the hub-bub about all this Market Place stuff, I did not know that there was a planning committee that anyone could volunteer for making a inspirational goal. It is a great day and project. I'm glad they did think it up. I'll (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nice Big Armies

Hey James, This guy has some nice armies. Have you contacted him to see if he knows about Lugnet? Josh (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Market place MOCs

Hey Jeremy, Thanks for looking at my stuff. The dioramas are a lot of fun. I think making dioramas are my favorite lego thing to do. So much more flexible than traditional non-lego creations. Josh (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Beautiful Job Wilson! One of the best forts I've ever seen! Has great detail too. The only problem is half of the interior pics didn't come out. Great job anyway though. Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

(...) contextual ones (2). Your's is truly a "slice" out of the world. -- Pawel (1) Stand-alone MOC - an MOC that lacks a geographical foundation: (URL) In the context of the landscape - an example of this is Mist Lake Castle: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

(...) For a sec, I thought you were totally serious there! Glad to see at least you're keeping the Medieval Marketplace Project going. Anyway, I don't think it's all criticism. The modular walled town project, in my opinion is only a compliment to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) Josh Wedin proposed the idea of having the Medieval Marketplace in the center of the town square. If the makers of MM want to be here, they are welcome. 128 x 128 is a very large area which can accomodate many activities. Town Squares were (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

Josh, I don't think MM is dead, but highly critized. Only on the day the MM Website is only getting 2 hits a month will it come down - so don't worry. Jeremy (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Permanent Standard - A Medieval Town

(...) Hi guys, I agree with everyone on the 4 wide alley - please see posts below and my brickshelf pictures (links in other post) of a street. Thanks, Ben (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

I agree. I would propose a 4 wide alley...... -Aaron "Kevin W." <ewanner@macnet.com> wrote in message news:H4z8EM.5E2@lugnet.com... (...) only (...) this. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read

Hey Jeremy, I am sorry that you feel that the MMS is dead. I don't think it is. I am having a great time building with it. It did seem at first that a lot of people were criticizing it, but really it was only a handfull of people. It now seems that (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tauros Military Outpost

Very well done! I look forward to attempting buildings in such detail myself. I really like how you have the webpage set up to download all the pictures, as I like to save all the large images on my harddisk so that I can look at them later. It's (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact