 Castle / 14980
Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 15:52:17 GMT

Hey Jeremy,

I am sorry that you feel that the MMS is dead.  I don't think it is.  I am
having a great time building with it.  It did seem at first that a lot of
people were criticizing it, but really it was only a handfull of people.  It
now seems that more people looked at the standard and started trying it out.
I think it is doing its job of getting .castle more active.  I don't see the
the permanent town standard as an attack on the MMS, but as a complementary
project stimulated by the MMS.  From what I understand, Ben Ellerman has
made space for the MM in the walled town.  Remember how you said that the
market is the heart of a medieval town?  Well, we built a market and a town
is growing up around it!  I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon, but
.castle is taking off!  Just like we wanted it to!  It may not be exactly
how we wanted or expected but it is growing again.  It excites me.  Please
don't close down the marketplace web site.  I think it can and will be a
vital site as .castle becomes more active.  If we get some pictures on there
and show people just what we had in mind, I think more people will submit
ideas and pictures.  Then the market will take off.  And if Ben can get a
working town standard going, more power to him.  I think he has a harder job
then we did with the market, and it will take more work and more compromise.
But we can be involved with that.  In Ben's posts he seems to have made it
very clear that anyone can be involved with the planning.  He is not
excluding the market, just running with the idea.  I like building shops and
creating dioramas around a crowded market.  Ben obviously likes walled
towns.  I am excited at the turn things are taking.  And you know what,
Jeremy?  You really got the ball rolling with this!  I think you should be
proud of what you have accomplished!  I, for one, am proud to have been on
the brainstorming team for the market.  And I am still excited about the
standard that was created!  Way to go, Jeremy!

Still building,
Josh