 Castle / 14995
Re: MM Standard Clarification... Please read
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:09:40 GMT

Hey Nathan,

Don't worry that your MOCs a bit bigger than was originally intended.  If
you want your roads to be wider, then make them wider.  I don't think that
anyone can say (or even wants to say) that there is only one right way to
build something.  As you said in your post, "just build for fun."  After
all, (little lego heresy here) these are just toys.  Not real life.  The
only time that rigid guidelines need to be in place is when people actually
get together for a big show or conference.  If it is just you or some
friends getting together, go with whatever happens.  I am not sure why
things got so heated over this standard thing.  All it is meant to be is a
challenge to build and post more.  And it has done that.  Legos are meant to
foster creativity.  I think the market was (and still is) a rather creative
idea.  And it has spawned more outbursts of creativity.  So, anyway, let's
get building.

Josh
(who likes to build more than he likes write posts)

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
  Jeremy and others,

       I'll admit my MOCs for this are a bit larger then you were looking
for (and I've still got bigger), but this is castle...big and sometimes
grey... But please note I never complained, all my mocs (I have 3 built and
2 half finished until I can get more pieces) are what I define as
compatible, meaning I took your invitatio to have fun with the standard
liberally. All my MOCs have a 4 stud road and 1 stud ally but I overhang a
little more once I get above 14 bricks. My MOCs could still be hooked up,
but I now get the impression that they are a little big and not what you
were looking for...
I also have to say (being, I think, one of the first to have 5 buildings in
the standard) that they look a lot cooler with a baseplate road, but again
this is because I built big...
    If it is any consolation, I have been building more in the last 4 days
then a couple motnhs before...

    My Solution for all:
besides just build for fun... Why not have the current Marketplace
standard as the more portable ally and let the main 4 streets be made with
baseplate roads more village like. I would fit more a long a main permanet road.

     But what castle can you name where all the roads were the same size???

  I think both ideas should collide in what seems to be the only thing we
can agree on "the crushing defeat of space"...

            God Bless,

                      Nathan