 CAD / Ray-Tracing / Search Results: excellent rendering
 Results 141 – 160 of about 480.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Lego renders

(...) Sorry to hear that. There's a full world of time-wasting waiting for you :-) Maybe you should start 'in the other end', that's how I began rendering. Install the standard POVRay and play with that (no Lego, just plain POVRay) until you feel (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.629)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) Hi Darrell, This book is a great resource to put 3d computer artists in the right frame of mind to go from model to rendered scene. It is aimed at users of high-end packages such as Maya, but the meat is in the nicely explained theory. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

rendering
(score: 0.629)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) First, I would like to agree that there are quite a few nice renders out on Brickshelf and the various personal sites. Before I begin I do not want this to come across as criticism, but I have a few questions/comments to make about some of the (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.629)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in news:Is4GwJ.1w60@lugnet.com: (...) No way. I've learned everything I know about rendering through reading stuff from other people here. Now I can give back a little. Wouldn't want to make money off of that. Koyan (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.627)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) That is cool. I have family in San Diego also. I used to go to Hawaii a lot when I lived in California. Now that I am in Texas it is a little harder to travel out that way. [SNIP (...) Do you plan on adding per part angle tolerance for the (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.626)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

Thank you for the information Koyan! "Koyan" <koyan@gmx.net> wrote in message news:Xns97385B86B364....63.236... (...) I never thought of doing that with the mesh enhancer. That is a good idea. If you can group certain parts together as a sub model (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.626)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Thank you for the quick response Orion! I hope you didn't mind me using your render as an example. It just looked so good and since you had the model available for download it helped me quickly compare my rendering skills to yours. :-) (...) (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.626)

  How is this made? (St. Pauls)

Hi all, I just discovered following pic on brickshelf: (2 URLs) Could anyone tell me how to render this way? BTRW: Great mini-MOC and a great rendering! Thanks and kind regards, Holger (URL) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

rendering
(score: 0.624)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) I did some investigation (read: experimentation), and came to the conclusion that I'm not going to be able to produce a camera matrix that POV will accept. The problem is that I use floats in my matrix, and they're not accurate enough to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.623)

  Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

Hi I am using it and I am really glad I've found it. But some models (or details) require better rendering, so I use POV-Ray. In POV, pinpointing exact camera_position and camera look_at parameters just by typing coordinates is real pain even when (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.623)

  Re: Using Poser6 to generate Lego sculptures.

In lugnet.build.sculpture, David Winkler wrote: A friend of mine was raving about how good (URL) Poser6> was. So I bought a copy. I have gotten a prototype to export from Poser6 to basic Lego outline. Most of this was just getting the model into a (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

rendering
(score: 0.619)

  Late night in the Moscow Metro

Hi all, Recently I've become quite interested (a little addicted might even be more accurate) to Russian trains and Soviet architecture. Both have their own unique traits and styles which appear pretty much nowhere outside the former Soviet Bloc. (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

rendering
(score: 0.619)

  Re: little help with rendering

(...) What software systems are you using for your rendering? Dave! follow-ups to the lugnet.cad.ray-tracing group. (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.610)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

Ok, this post took me a long time to get through... (...) Ah. I've never cared for instructions... I didn't take that into account when I wrote the article... (...) I was only familiar with POV-Ray (well, I'm starting to be familiar with others now (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

rendering
(score: 0.610)

  Re: little help with rendering

(...) I am using POV RAY. (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.609)

  Are my radiosity settings up to date?

hi folks, disapointed by the overall rendering performance of our radiosity settings (the longest engaged 3 weeks to calculate) I stopped the developement of better tweakings a long time ago. now I have to do a huge rendering for a show (7000x5000) (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.609)

  Re: little help with rendering

(...) Hmm.. How did you generate the POV-Ray code? Did you use Lars Hassing's L3P, or some other application? Dave! (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.609)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

(...) That is a good point. Take a look at the .png format. They have made a fully extensible format which covers the simple, and covers the complex. I would suggest that any animation format should be based on an equally extensible format, probably (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

rendering
(score: 0.607)

  Re: My humble opinion about LDraw animation

It appears from this discussion that methods already exist, its just that they are not particularly easy to use or accessible. Whatever solution we choose, we need to think about usability. I am a developer, and even I dont like having pull things (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

rendering
(score: 0.606)

  Re: L3P Options?

(...) Yep. -p Don't substitute any primitives in the P directory with POV equivalents ---...--- In order to have a nicer looking image some parts (primitives) in the P directory are by default substituted with POV equivalents. E.g. 4-4cyli.dat is (...) (19 years ago, 12-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 0.585)

More:  Next Page >>