 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2418
Re: L3P Options?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:45:21 GMT

I was wondering if there was a way to use L3P so that it does NOT include its
primitives in the final .pov file? The reason for this question is that I'd like
to be able to adjust some of the primitives/colours etc.

Yep.

-p  Don't substitute any primitives in the P directory with POV equivalents
In order to have a nicer looking image some parts (primitives) in the P
directory are by default substituted with POV equivalents. E.g. 4-4cyli.dat
is substituted by the POV object "cylinder { <0,0,0>, <0,1,0>, 1 open }".
In this way you will see a true cylinder and not a crude 16 edged one.
Also you will typically get a 10-20% increase in rendering speed.
Currently 49 primitives are substituted with POV equivalents.
You can see their names by executing "l3p -pp".

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk