 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2428
Re: L3P Options?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:05:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

But are you aiming at a specially named file (e.g. L3Colours.inc) that,
if it exists, automatically will be included ?
I.e. so that you don't have to specify "-ibL3Colours.inc" or
"-ibL3PPARTS\L3Colours.inc" each time you call L3P ?

Special files could also be L3Begin.inc and L3End.inc.
/Lars

PS. I have been thinking about a flag to specify whether an include file
should simply generate a #include "file.inc" or if it should be read and inlined.
Any interest or opinions ?

If L3P were to inline the file, you should spefify an absolute path or
a path relative to the current directory, because L3P doesn't know
POV's search paths.

I would think if any "system-wide" or "shared" files are included they should by
default be inlined, as any changes would affect (maybe deterimentally) previous
renders. Any project-specific files I create always get saved locally, so I see
no problem #include ing those.

So my suggestions would be yes, have a flag, but default to inline for shared
includes, and to link for others (maybe you need 2 separate flags?)

ROSCO