 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2420
Re: L3P Options?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:10:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Timothy Gould wrote:
Sorry! I guess I didn't make my question clear enough. I'd like to substitute
the primitives still, but with those of my own creation, rather than those
that L3P creates. For example I think a stud looks better with a slightly
rounded top (a combination of a cylinder and a cut-off cone) rather than just
a cylinder. I can do this by overriding the default #define statements by a
later one but this can't be automated easily.

A second question I just though of is how can one introduce redefinitions
using IFPOV metastatements? That is probably easier as I suspect the original
source code of L3P would have to be changed to do what I'd like.

You got it.  0 L3P IFPOV meta-statements are probably the way to accomplish what
you want.  Hmm, thinking more about it (I could just go try it), you'll probably
still need l3p's -p parameter, or l3p probably won't even look at the primitive
files in the LDraw library.

Anyway, just edit the primitive files in the ldraw\p\ directory, wrapping the
original code with L3P IFPOV statements, and adding your code.  Like this:

0 L3P IFNOTPOV
  <original ldraw code>
0 L3P ELSEPOV
0 <your POV code here, embedded as LDraw comments>
0 L3P ENDPOV

Once you've added your POV-based definitions to the primitive files, L3P will
generate 'its' primitive definitions with your code instead of ldraw's code.

Steve