 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2424
Re: L3P Options?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:21:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

<snip>

You'll be happy to know that the coming L3P (yes, I know I've said that too often)
has #ifndef's around everything, e.g.:

//// Primitive stud.dat
#ifndef (stud_dot_dat)
#macro stud_dot_dat(L3ArgTexture,L3ArgTextureIsClear,L3ArgMirror,L3ArgMat)
L3MacroBegin("stud_dot_dat")
#if (L3Quality >= 3)
#if (L3ArgTextureIsClear) merge #else union #end {
#end
cylinder { <0,0,0>, <0,-4,0>, 6 }
#if (L3Quality >= 3)
object { L3Logo scale <L3ArgMirror,1,1> translate <0,-4,0> }
}
#end
L3Material(L3ArgTexture,L3ArgTextureIsClear)
L3MacroEnd("stud_dot_dat")
#end // macro stud_dot_dat
#end // ifndef (stud_dot_dat)

- and it also supports include files.

IFPOV is deprecated, you should use L3PPARTS in stead,
which is a directory containing .inc files with POV equivalents.

So, in your case simply create a file LDrawDir\L3PPARTS\stud.inc
with your POV code for the stud.
See also http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9469
The idea is the same though the L3P generated code has changed
a lot recently, and so the format of the L3PPARTS parts.
/Lars

Hi Lars,

  Before you release, would it be possible for me to have an advanced copy of
L3P, so I can adjust LPub to handle the new format?  LPub does post processing
of the L3P generated POV file before sending to POV-Ray.

Kevin