 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2423
Re: L3P Options?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Lars C. Hassing wrote:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Timothy Gould wrote:
Dear Lars (and anyone who can answer my questions)

I was wondering if there was a way to use L3P so that it does NOT include its
primitives in the final .pov file? The reason for this question is that I'd like
to be able to adjust some of the primitives/colours etc. in all my models and
the easiest way to do this would be to put all my options in a POVray include
file and just #include it in every model I make.

Adjusting the colours is not so hard as I just put the #include early in the
.pov file and the #ifndef commands ignore and previously defined colours but the
primitives require me to put the #include after they are defined (to override
the current values). It's not too much hassle but life would be easier if I
could just leave all that out and put an IFPOV metacommand and my files so that
LPUB could run automatically.

Thanks for any help,

Tim

You'll be happy to know that the coming L3P (yes, I know I've said that too often)
has #ifndef's around everything, e.g.:

//// Primitive stud.dat
#ifndef (stud_dot_dat)
#macro stud_dot_dat(L3ArgTexture,L3ArgTextureIsClear,L3ArgMirror,L3ArgMat)
L3MacroBegin("stud_dot_dat")
#if (L3Quality >= 3)
#if (L3ArgTextureIsClear) merge #else union #end {
#end
cylinder { <0,0,0>, <0,-4,0>, 6 }
#if (L3Quality >= 3)
object { L3Logo scale <L3ArgMirror,1,1> translate <0,-4,0> }
}
#end
L3Material(L3ArgTexture,L3ArgTextureIsClear)
L3MacroEnd("stud_dot_dat")
#end // macro stud_dot_dat
#end // ifndef (stud_dot_dat)

- and it also supports include files.

IFPOV is deprecated, you should use L3PPARTS in stead,
which is a directory containing .inc files with POV equivalents.

So, in your case simply create a file LDrawDir\L3PPARTS\stud.inc
with your POV code for the stud.
See also http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9469
The idea is the same though the L3P generated code has changed
a lot recently, and so the format of the L3PPARTS parts.
/Lars

That is excellent news! I missed the first post (ref'd above) but that is
exactly what I meant. Would it be possible to include a file in the directory
with a name like L3Colours.inc or something that declares any modified colours
one wishes to include?

Tim