 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 917
916  |  918
Subject:
Marsupial Carriers (Was: Re: *BIG* Update!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 05:53:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Mladen Pejic writes:
Thanks Geordan! The Carrier was meant to fail (actually I destroyed it in a fit
of rage). ;-)

   I've got to agree with Geordan.  I wish you'd kept at that
   carrier concept--the "traditional" carrier, while still cool,
   has been done a lot and a carrier that holds its "children"
   on its frame--I've called them "marsupial carriers", because
   mine had the fighters recessed a la Suffren [1]--is a very neat
   idea.

   Looking at the pictures, though, I can tell your fit of rage
   was well-founded.  It looks GREAT but closing those very odd
   shapes would have been maddening!  But, then, those odd shapes
   *are* something you do very well.

   Anyways, I'd love to see the concept carried further.  All 25
   gallons of my grey are in use at the moment (ack), but with
   enough time I'll put together a marsupial for Suffren's snub
   fighters.

   best

   LFB

   [1] Maybe they should be "scorpion carriers," but scorpion =
       sting to most people, not = carrying children on its back.