 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 128
Re: automated rendering??? (was "Re: New White Tiger Mecha")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:16:40 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Franklin W. Cain writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Karim Nassar writes:

As a side note, Now that I've developed a way
to automate my POV renderings, . . .

[blink]

Uhmmm....

Will you be posting this "automated method"
so that those of us who have yet to master POV-RAY
could possibly take advantage of your expertise?

Well, sure... It's called ONYX's L3P Add On.  Now that I have figured out what
makes it crash, It's wonderful. One trick is that you will pretty much always
have to manually adjust the floor groundplane in the POV file if the model is
at all complex.

I wonder if your problem is not that the models are slightly transparent, but
if you have so many lights in the scene that the surfaces are reflecting the
horizon in front of them?

--Karim