 CAD / MLCad / 688
Re: MLCAD Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:08:48 GMT

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message
news:G5AG5r.HpA@lugnet.com...
This one is in progress. I got this information elsewhere and 2.0 will • allow
to copy and paste between different models.

What do you mean with inlining funtion?

"Inlining" means replacing a reference to a file with the contents
(individual lines) of that file, but with each line transformed according
to the transformation matrix of the original reference.

For example, if I inline the line 1 16 0 10 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 rect.dat
the result would be the four edgelines and the quad (plus the comments)
contained in the file rect.dat, but each line would be moved y=10.

This is great for using submodels in a model file, but it's a necessity
when creating parts, since you often need to modify or build off of
primitive files.

The inverse of inlining is subfiling, where you write the selected lines
to a subfile, and include in the main file a reference to the submodel.
LDAO implements both of these very well.

-John Van