 CAD / MLCad / 662
Re: MLCAD Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 20:26:48 GMT

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message
news:G58Msq.Iyu@lugnet.com...
Chuck,

do you mean a dll which generates some dat-lines to be included into the
model?

Than the idea is good, but the dll must be able to edit that as well. I • mean
assume the user generates something from the dll, and later he desides • to
change that. I would be bad, if the user has to delete this parts and to
recreate them. Better would be when the dll provides some callback - • where
MLCad could tell the dll to do something which allows to modify such a
section.

Michael

That would be better if there were callback, but just being able to run
the utility from within MLCad would be great.  Right now creating a
flexible hose requires finding, installing, and learning to use various
additional programs.  Then you have to save your file from MLCad, open it
in the other utility, create the flexible hose, save the file, then reopen
in MLCad.  It becomes very time consuming if you have to go through
several iterations to get the hose right.

-John Van