 CAD / MLCad / 648
Re: MLCAD Suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 06:00:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann writes:

And now for a real dream:  inclusion of Ldraw-mode-like support for
flexible elements.  If MLCAD could somehow utilize the programs that
create flexible elements, I'm sure we'd see many more people making use of
these elements.  They really add a professional touch to models.

Can you explain in more detail, how this should work. Maybe you have an
example where I can see something like this ... and then please tell me how
it works :-)

I suggest a DLL plugin system like Photoshop.  MLCad could search the
directory it was executed from for files with the appropriate file
extension. These files would be loaded as DLLs.  These could have handlers
for returning a name to be added to a plugin pulldown menu.  Selecting the
plugin would call the dll to bring up a dialog.  This could add instructions
to the current instruction list.

With this model, the system is extendable to anyone who can write a DLL with
Visual Studio.

-Chuck