 CAD / MLCad / 1343
    Description of MLCad extensions available now —Michael Lachmann
   Hi, all people interested into the ldraw format extensions of MLCad may follow this link to download the spec in pdf format. There is no other link for now to this document then that one here, but this will follow next. (URL) reading and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Don Heyse
     (...) I'm actually somewhat UNhappy right now. Maybe I'm a bit of a nut, but are these the first ldraw extensions that come with a lizence agreement? I admit the requirements in the agreement are probably a good procedure to follow, but why do they (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Michael Lachmann
      May I say you got that wrong? The license is ment for developers going to implement the command into theire own programs. Then I would like to have some notice from where the commands originally came from. I never sayed or wrote that you have to (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

          Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Don Heyse
      Let me just say before I get started here that I think Michael has made a terrific contribution to this community with MLCAD. I just think he's a bit confused about the ramifications of his license agreement and I hope we can clear it up. (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Um, submission of a part subjects the part to the LDraw.org license, or is intended to. The parts library is protected by an overall license, or is intended to be in the future once the license is in place (that this effort has appeared to be (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Steve Bliss
     (...) Err, I'm not seeing any documentation of the ROTATION meta-statement? Any chance you'll be adding that later? Steve (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Michael Lachmann
     The ROTATION command is a LDLITE command, not a MLCad command. You will find information about this command in the ldlite documentation I guess. Sorry for the late reply, but I was busy in the company and on holidays later. Regards, Michael "Steve (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Steve Bliss
     (...) Actually, LDLite has a ROTATE command, which is different than MLCad's ROTATION command. ROTATE is literally a directive to rotate a set of command-lines around a vector by a specific angle. ROTATION seems to define a point in space around (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Don Heyse
     (...) Is the ROTATION command the one that's sorta documented here? (URL) reply seems to indicate he planned on implementing it, and that was about 2 years ago, so I imagine it's been done by now. Don (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Don Heyse
     (...) Uh Oh, we need some *unlicensed* documentation on this meta command. It's already used in some official parts. If I have to get permission in writing to use all the features of the official parts (or be liable for unspecified damages) I'm (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Fredrik Glöckner
      (...) Perhaps the use of the "ROTATION CENTER" meta statement in the parts library can be changed into a different, non-licensed format? The word "CENTER" breaks the standing LDraw tradition of using British English terms anyway. In my opinion it (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Steve Bliss
     (...) That, and the fact that MLCAD adds two 0 ROTATION statements to the header of every model file it edits. (...) Actually, only commented-out versions of the ROTATION meta-statement have appeared in parts (ie, '0 0 ROTATION'). The submit process (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

         Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Michael Lachmann
     Hi, i've found some more commands in MLCad which I introduced totaly new, ... but long time ago. So there is this ROTATION command, which was used at the early days of MLCad instead of ROTSTEP. Later I learned that this conflicts with LD-Lite. So I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Travis Cobbs
     (...) are partially taken from LDView. As the author of LDView, I can state that they don't look familiar :-). Perhaps you meant ldlite? --Travis Cobbs (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

     Uups ... you are right they are LDLite ...I'm going to correct that. Michael "Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> wrote in message news:Gz5MI5.3C9@lugnet.com... (...) follow (...) now (...) that (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now —Steve Bliss
   (...) document whose URL is listed above. Specifically, the Licenze section: (...) OK, that's good. (...) OK, so if someone writes a program that uses these commands, they must: a. List the commands in their documentation b. Provide the URL to the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)